Ringwould Jaguar retired

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Smiley n Me, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

2. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

I was lucky enough to meet this guy in person a couple of years ago after the olympics (and get to feed him some licorice!). Such a shame he's retired, but very well deserved!

3. pso

pso Gold Member

Oh- what a sad way to end his career :(
    Jag is amazing**)
    Guess those XC boots have been crossed off everyones xmas list...

4. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

awww....dammit janet :(

5. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

WOW! licorice? now i have never heard of a horse that likes licorice:)

6. FlowerPower

FlowerPower New Member

This is wonderful to hear. He didnt seem to be his brilliant best and at 16 its probably best to retire him rather than have him break down.

What a wonderful horse!!!

7. aussie

aussie Guest

MY Horse adores her Licorice she can not get enough of it lol

End of an era for them but better he retire fit and heathy :)

8. Lucy11

Lucy11 Active Member

Jag is actually 19. (Born in 1991). ;) Extremely sad news, a horse that was at the top of his game for such a long time. Such a shame. :(

9. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

I wouldn't really say its wonderful :( Like pso said quite a sad end to his career. Also I would think it is very dissapointing for Sonja, having high goals for herself at international level, to be pushed back by an injury.
    Look forward to seeing what shes got planned for her others now, but will definitely miss hearing her success with Jag :(

And as Lucy said he was at the top of his game, and I didn't really see a character like him breaking down anytime soon

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

How sad that his career ended in such a way.
    Bet he's spoilt to death and enjoys retirement though.

Will be interesting to see who Sonja will ride now? Does she have any others competing 3*/4*?

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Lmao.. My horse will eat anything. Black liquorice, red liquorice, chippies, coke, lollies, chocolate.. anything at all >.<.. Think most horses like liquorice? It's just like molasses :)

12. Lucy11

Lucy11 Active Member

Yep her other horse Parkiarrup Illicit Liasion was short listed for the WEG and Im sure she won't have any shortages of horses to ride, with the amount of talent that women has!

13. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

That's good :)
    Can't wait to see her out and about with her others :)

14. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

I believe this is a well deserved. I have been lucky enough to have known Jaguar and Sonja for the past six years and have memorys of the litte bugger trying to buck me off on a few occasions and swimming him down at the beach. His a little Super star and I cant wait to give him and Sonja a huge hug when they arrive home!

His an old man now, he dosent know it though. Parkiarrup Sonjas farm is stunning, he has an amazing place and view to live out the rest of his life just like his old stable mate did reggie "floating dollar"

Welldone Sonja since she was a little kiddie she told people she was going to represent Australia and she has now been three times in a row!!! very impressive...Lets go Sonja and Benny "Parkiarrup Illict Liason" for 2012!!!

15. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

arm Molasses ;)

Yes very well deserved retirement

Cheers
    Lee

16. FlowerPower

FlowerPower New Member

Sorry but it is wonderful news. Its wonderful that he has a caring rider who would retire a fantastic horse before something nasty happens to him.

Unfortunately there are too many who wouldnt.

Read into it what you like.

17. pso

pso Gold Member

Its wonderful news that he had an injury that penetrated his joint capsule during the xc???? :confused:

18. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Sad way to finish up a career....

Mine too eat alot of licorice...actually all sorts!

19. FlowerPower

FlowerPower New Member

Please dont misquote me PSO its wonderful that he has been retired.

20. Teah

Teah New Member

Such an amazing partnership and such an inspirational decision for her to retire him. Finished on the top and will stay that way.

Go Sonja and Ben 2012! He's got big shoes to fill :).