Riding when pregnant

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Cavalier, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Good Thread :) I rode a bit with all 3 preg with my boys. I have had in upwards of 10 mc's and always just went with how my body was feeling.

But another thing is when compteting are you covered by insurance? I have been told no??

2. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

I'm back at work now and it really hit me when i got back because of all the animal smells some mornings i have to get the other girls to do the feeding and cleaning because it just make me feel yuck!Come around any time and come see the boy up home bring little sis too.

3. Em

Em Well-known Member

JOCKO!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Totally know where you are coming from, exact same deal as you:( 3yrs... as you already know. Not easy getting pregnant and why risk it, what is 9 months of your life! Like you said, can still do plenty of other things! Know the morning/all day sickness, couldn't cope with the smell of cooking red meat first time around, or coffee, stopped feeding the calves down the dairy as the smell was not good! 2nd time round was not so bad - but was completely different, figured it must of been a girl! There will be lots of babies at Brunswick Vet Clinic!!! hehehe Catch you around sometime!:):)Reckon there is a little girl due there very shortly!

4. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

tell me when the weird cravings start nic, ive only had one so far. at 11 at night, i demanded a mixed spearmint-caramel thickshake so i could dip HJ's chips in it!!!!!!!:confused: never tried it tho, was too late at night to get it and the craving had gone in the morning!
    yeah, have to come up soon, ive only seen pics of mali, gotta see him in the flesh coz em is ALWAYS talking bout him!:D

5. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

I have always said that i will be riding when im pregnant (in 10 yrs time lol) obviously safe horses. I know a lady who was still show jumpng while pregnant and rode till the day she dropped!!

6. beckys_best

beckys_best Well-known Member

Goes to show everyone is different! My doc said the only reason I gave birth so easy is because I kept riding and I had nice hidden six pack there to help push lol No for real though he said it was so easy because I stayed fit my body could stretch and contract as needed (im not fit now though lol) I had my first contractions on the back of my old stallion Jaffy and was out of hospital and back on a horse in a couple of days:D

7. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

Hi Em
    Must come around and have a cuppa with you soon.I think Jo is have a little girl this time too very exciting for her.The feeding of your pigs is the hardest i think for me so that's now the OH's job.How are all you horses and the babies?Will catch up soon.

8. Jocko

Jocko Well-known Member

Not long for you now are you all pack for the hospital?
    I have had this think were i have to have Banana's and peeled apples which is something that i never eat only buy apples for the boy.How is your new gelding Redman going?Your welcome to come over any time just give me a ring to make sure i'm here.:D

9. mylittlepony

nope, not long to go, about 4 weeks, but im pretty sure hes gonna be early, hes head down and engaged already and has stopped moving so much (thank god!!):D have to admit, im absolutley terrified of the labour, i cant have an epidural coz ive got scoliosis, ( twist in my spine)#( but im sure im stronger than i think, ill be fine.

Redmans goin ok, fat as a whale! hes bein a bit of an idiot, think hes bored and needs to be out doin things, cant wait to start riding again!:)
    i had cravings for bananas too. Its gotta be a good thing to crave healty food:D

10. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

MLP I too craved thickshakes with fries to dip in it with both my pregnancies. And avocado and salt and vinegar chip sandwiches!

11. mylittlepony

did u actually try it? coz im feeling the craving comming back again!:p

12. misskel

Try it? I lived off it!!! The sweet taste of the thickshake and the salty fries oh my god yum!!!

13. mylittlepony

ok thats it, soon as my OH gets home, im goin into town to get a spearmint milkshake and chips!!!!;)

14. misskel

My fave was chocolate and fries. God I might have to get that for tea and I'm not even *#) pregnant!!