Riding after knee surgery

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Cheveyo, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cheveyo

Cheveyo New Member

Okay so first off I am new to this forum, so Hi to everyone! Haha anyways I'm not sure where to put this and so here it goes.. I had surgery 10 days ago, it was a minor surgery. He did a lateral release and because I had a minor tear in my meniscus he took out part of it. Now I had a discoid meniscus so really I won't suffer from losing part of it. I've had this problem over the past four years making it hard to ride. Because i had muscle spasms at random and throbbing, along with the moments of im not gonna work and just dislocate. Now if everything goes as planned I will be better than before, hopefully.
    But I'm really anxious to get back to riding. Plus I need to get back to work to pay for those expensive horse bills haha. Anyone have any idea how long it will be before I can even think of getting in the saddle? My horse was in training before my knee got so bad I couldn't walk anymore. So this worries me. My barn owner is making sure my boy keeps his temperament in place and works him when he has time. My horse is 5 years old so as you can imagine we still have our chasing squirrel moments. Will his "in training" stage make it longer on my chances as well? I know a lot of questions in one. I'm sorry haha. Thanks before hand to replys.

2. Tixylix

Tixylix New Member

I'd probably speak to your physic/surgeon/whoever and see, I think it all depends on your rate of recovery and if you're doing the exercises to strengthen the knee again

3. Tixylix

Tixylix New Member

That would be physio!

4. John Victor

John Victor Guest

Hope for your health really sad after watching this post. May god cures you.