Rider Insurance

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by horsechick, Feb 2, 2005.

1. horsechick

horsechick New Member

Jinx's owner has requested that I organise some Rider insurance - which is fair enough.

Where can I get this? and with whom do you guys recommend?
    She had suggested Rider insurance through the EFA is that possible without becoming a member?

2. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

You can become an associate member of the EFA for around $125 a year, this will give you the cover they require of you.

3. horsechick

horsechick New Member

Thank you [​IMG]
    I will contact the EFA in the upcoming week.

4. mel15263

mel15263 New Member

What does EFA stand for?

5. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Wow, this is an old post!

I'll anwer anyway though:

EFA stands for the Equestrian Federation of Australian - it's the equestrian governing body for eventing, dressage, showjumping and show horse - there are probally more that they are the main ones.

Check out the WA website (EFA - Western Australia Branch) - it's very useful for understanding different diciplines, rules, competition dates and general news. Here is the national one also incase you're not from WA - Equestrian Federation of Australia

Hope that helps,

esy

6. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Actually im glad this post was brought up again hubby and i were talking about this a little while ago. Does the EFA insurance cover you no matter where you ride or is it only at their events. I would like insurance for every time i am on or near a horse.

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

No matter where you ride :) its 24/7 insurance. as long as your in australia tho I think. But I could be wrong, have a look on the website, hmm wonder when mine expires.

8. stormy56

stormy56 New Member

if anyone is still looking for riders insurance try equine alliance. I used the gold cover for my son who does jousting, it was about $230 a year

9. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

EFA Associate Membership is now actually $215.00 - almost a 60% increase since 2005.

10. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I have gold cover with Equine Alliance also. It covers you for both personal accident and public liability.