Rider insurance

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by hasheld, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. hasheld

    hasheld New Member

    Does anyone know of any companies or organisations offering public liability insurance just for riders? It seems that EFAWA offers personal accident insurance but only when you're riding in organised events. So what happens if I'm riding my friend's horse down the road and he puts his foot through someone's car door? I used to have insurance for this kind of thing back in the UK, but it doesn't seem to be available here.

    Any ideas?
  2. Shakhaan

    Shakhaan Well-known Member

    Hi Hasheld,

    Actually, the insurance coverage in your EFA Membership does cover you in that very instance. You have Public Liability coverage 24/7 while doing anything with your horse.... not just at competitions. Basically, without it, you cannot compete at shows run by EFA Affiliated Clubs. Some clubs have a day coverage that you can pay for, but it depends on the show, and the club itself, and just what coverage they have/haven't got.

    Ciao. Kiley.

Share This Page