Ride Outs

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Arnie, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thankyou so much Ness :) I'll sure give you a ring but I think I've miss placed your number...do u think you could e-mail to me and I'll give you a ring when ever its suitable for you...what times during the day are best? thankyou so much...

~§Arnie§~

2. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

Hey Ness if you go visit Arnie when i'm not at work (i'm always at work!!) give us a call and i'll come with you. the more the merrier i say!!

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

thats true...

~§Arnie§~

4. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

For sure caz, that would be great............oohhh i'm nearly even excited! hehehe. We'll make a day of it.

I just emailed you Sarah!

Ness

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

On the other hand Arnie's cold back is really improving. He doesn't mind me as much on his back now meaning his not as scared. Insted he gets grumpy when I ask him to do something and he flatten his ears and pulls faces. For the 1st time in one year I got on him bare back. I had to use the fence to get on and I was half on half off and had to hall myself up by his withers...He didn't budge which is great usually if your half hanging down he craps himself and bolts off. So I trotted him about for 20min and he was an angel I couldn't believe it. Thats improving. yay 1 down loads more 2 go...

~§Arnie§~

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Well I got a very bad report and Mum got in the craps and now refuses to pay anything for Arnie. All she did was pay the agistment while I payed everything else. I really can't afford to pay the agistment myself so I'm left stranded and no where to go. Y the hell does all the bad crap happen to me! oh well I'll figure sumfin out...

~§Arnie§~

7. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Oh Sarah,

This just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it.......
    I wish there was something i could do....!!
    Good Luck,

Ness

8. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Yeh I'm getting used to this bad news I'm just worried what it might lead to. For some reason I feel ok bout it and am sure it'll all come out fine...not need 2 worry :)...

~§Arnie§~

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Ok thats it I've decided to definently get rid of Arnie. I'll get him float trained and once he's ok at that I'm putting him up for sale. I love him dearly but I have come to realise he's not the horse for me. I want something quieter, more out going (meaning willing to work for me) and something I can trust. But I'm not sure how much to sell him for. Will his faults put the price down. He's got good bloodlines on his fathers side, he has been shown and he's very very very well behaved at a show. He's a basic jumper and can jump 3'6 with ease, very stocky and handsome. He's probably cold back because something might be out? And riding out on the roads can be fixed. I think if he went to a happier home he'd be so much more well behaved. I bought him for $800 wat do you think he'd be worth now. Remembering he was a wreck when I bought him now he's a proud stocky shiney gelding...

~§Arnie§~

10. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Hi Sarah, It's such a shame that you've got to sell Arnie. We all know how attached you are to him but at least you've made up your own mind that he isn't really suitable for what you want to do. As sad as it is, it's better both for you and for Arnie if he goes to someone with abit more time and experience and money to put work into him and you need a horse that you can feel happy and safe with. I think there would be alot of people ,who,at some point in time ends up with a horse that isn't really what suits them. At least you gave it your best shot and didn't just give up. I am sure that out there some where there will be an ideal horse for you. As to what he would be worth it's really hard to say. The person buying him would have to put quite abit of training time into him and he has got his 'floating' hang-ups so you'd have to take that into consideration too. There are excellent horses out there for sale at reasonable prices then too there are also terrible horses for sale at stupidly high prices! I guess if you go through Stockyards classifieds and see what sort of prices horses like Arnie are fetching it would give you abit of an idea? Good luck with everything anyway and I hope Arnie goes to a really good home and that you find a perfect horse for yourself.

Ali

11. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Well I took a look and the average price lately looks around $2000 to $5000 for a horse nothing seems to be much below. I'm really not sure hey. I don't want some rediculously low price after all the work I put into him and he on a good side is really a gorgous horse and will excell in almost anything with the right rider. I need a perfect price where I with that I can buy the perfect horse for me sadly those perfect ones are quite high. It took me 6 months to find Arnie I don't care if it takes longer to find the next horse as long as its the right one! This time I will have more opinions with me. (people) anyway thats my new years resolution!...

~§Arnie§~

12. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Hey Arnie, I'm sorry to hear that yu have decided to sell arnie. I've been following your progress through the forum and it seems like you have put a heap of work into him. Its a shame that you have to part with him (i can tell how much you love him) but its also good that you can tell that he's not the horse for you. That can be a really hard decision to make and it takes a lot of guts to decide that. Good luck in your hunt to find the perfect horse for you. I'm sure that s/he is out there somewhere.

13. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thankyou so much :) I'm sure he'll go to a great home and hopefully the next horse will be 3rd time lucky...

~§Arnie§~

14. robbi

robbi Active Member

Hey sarah,
    i noticed that you have been going on a few ride outs lately so i was wandering how Arnie Boy is going?...he seems soo beautiful...

~:p~Jess & Malley~:p~
    "Any Sire Can Be A Breeder, But Only The Great Sires Breed On"

15. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

yeh he's been great Jess. But he's still very much under the weather. He's been laying down alot and sleeping. Working like a dream but poor baby just passes out after a ride. He been great out on a ride...a lil spring in his step but if I don't relax he tenses up and thats when he starts to play...otherwise last ride it was long and low all the way...

~§Arnie§~

16. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Sarah think about your current situation with arnie.

He is only just coming back into good health isnt he? You;ve had a lot of sanding problems with him and with that last drench, you've probably helped by removing the sand, but you've also dislodged a lot of it and this will cause him discomfort. How would you feel if you had a shitload of sand in your tummy?

Arnie is probably the horse that he should have been. Now he's getting healthier, he's feeling good and it will start to show. The reason he's been so "good" for you in the last few months is probably because he didnt have the energy to protest.

You've also thrown him into an unfamiliar environment, changed his routine etc. He's away from his home, his friends and what he calls normal. You have to expect this. If i were you I'd consider another drench. I know its expensive but if your struggling financially, maybe you should sell him because you should always have some money spare when you have a horse.

I personally put money away each week and its my insurance. If Josh really hurt himself tommorow, I have almost $1000 ready for him. This way he will never suffer.

"It is often said that if a dog is a man's best friend, then a horse is a man's best slave."

17. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Naomi this was going back over a year ago...This was when Arnie was in Herne Hill and I hadn't even met you yet. Now when Arnie acts like that I can handle him so much better and we both enjoy it. I was nervous once and hated it but now I know he really wasn't doing too much wrong he was just out of my control...he's excellent now and I love him prancing knowing I still have control of him :-D...

~§Arnie§~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.