reticulation installation

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Pollyride, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Pollyride

Pollyride New Member

Hi has anyone had to install reticulation in paddocks without a bore or water tank? How much did it cost you and what was the process like?

Has anyone had to install a bore in the brigadoon area.... or a water tank for that matter? cost?

On another note does anyone know why not many people have a bore or water tanks in the brigadoon area especially in the dryer part!

2. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

To have a bore, you need approval to construct the bore initially, and then approval to use the groundwater on an ongoing basis. Some properties in the City of Swan are subject to restrictions on water licences available for installing and using a bore. Depending on where you are, the allocation in that area may be all used up, so the Department of Water will not issue a new licence or increase allocation of an existing licence.

Most places in Brigadoon do have either a water tank or a bore on the property.

In terms of cost, I don't have any specific info for you, but to set up paddock scale retic on scheme water will cost you a bomb in the long term for your water bills.

3. Mumof3

Mumof3 New Member

I realise it's a different area but our property has a bore and it's 71m down and at $150 a mtr and no guarantee u will get to water it's certainly not cheap to do! Ours is great quality at that depth. A few streets down has tried 4 times at big costs and still no water. We also have rain tanks too! Our retic is run from a gravity fed tank that runs off the bore. Good luck!

4. Pollyride

Pollyride New Member

thanks magic_impact. There are lots of properties for sale in the brigadoon area at the moment but every house we have looked at doesnt have a bore, water tanks or retic and these properties are deffinitley in the dryer, gravley part of brigadoon. You would think with our really hot summers people would feel very much inclined to put in retic, but what you say puts the puzzle pieces together. Thank you.

5. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

Pollyride I am not sure if you were looking at the flat section of Brigadoon or the hill.
    If its the hill, most people do not have lawn, and have left mostly bush. They use mains for fire fighting.
    Also the hill is almost entirely made of one big pile of laterite and granite with a bit of sand over the top so putting a bore down is very difficult.
    This is why we are on septic tanks and not mains (well the old bits of Brigadoon).
    When Bond/Burke developed Brigadoon they had to blast sections of the hill to get the roads done.
    Hope this helps.

6. Bartholemanew

Bartholemanew New Member

My family owned a bore installation business . My mum was a water diviner if you need any help just message me .