Reccommendations for Trainers

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by La Dolce Vita, Jun 7, 2013.

1. La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita Active Member

Hi All

I'm looking at having my STB re-trained as he is currently scaring the bejeebus out of me and I'm not confident enough to help him. Can you please PM me with your recommendations?

I know there was a previous thread on this, but I would like to know of ALL experiences, not just the sunshine & lollipops ones.

Thankyou lots! @)

2. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

If you are having confidence issues with him then this could be your problem. You could send him away for retraining and he could be an absolute angel for the trainer. However your original problem will just resume when he comes home. Perhaps find someone to work with both of you.

3. Erika Roberts

Erika Roberts Active Member

Karen white does a lot of retraining :) she is absolutely fantastic and works with both the horse and the rider :) she just float trained my tb and also did bait of retraining under saddle. He is great now!

4. sedonasilver

sedonasilver New Member

Hi there, how is he scaring you?

Under saddle or on the ground? Either way, my advice would be to find a trainer who will show you the ropes on the ground first, help build your confidence and the horses respect.

He's going to keep being scary til you start being the confident leader he's looking for.

I hate to use the P word (parelli) but find someone who will show you how to fix the problem, not just send your horse away and hope he comes back changed for good, coz he'll just revert back to his old ways if you don't change yours :)

Goodluck!!!

5. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

What about Jayne Lavender or Sandi Simmins? Both work on confidence issues. Sandi is holding 2 clinics in WA later this year one in September and one in October.

6. Yates Equestrian in Bindoon!