Rebuilding my latest purchase

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Crafty, Sep 15, 2010.

1. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

Congrats Crafty it looks good :D

2. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Looks great! What did you use on the interior?

3. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

Can't believe she put a safety feature on like high door handles, just so I can't steal it :p

Humph... drunk some of her rum instead lol.

They have done an awsome job!

4. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

Looks awesome Crafty!!!! Just throw some of that lovely red dirt across the backend and you will have matching Horse and Float!!! :D

5. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Hahaha wasnt for that mate its so that the kids cant open the door and get to the ponies un supervised!!!

Sorry to dissapoint I can get you a step ladder lol

I havent finished the interior heifer there is a few small jobs that need done yet but I am moving into my new home so they will have to wait a few more weeks when its finished there will be final pics for you all :)

6. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

It looks great Crafty.. well done! **)

7. lex

lex Well-known Member

looks awsum. So can I ask, how much did it cost you to do up? would it have been more cost effective to buy brand new? or just newer? or neither

8. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

Awesome, well worth it Crafty :) Will show the OH so hopefully he gets his arse into gear lol!! Congrats and enjoy

9. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

So far the grazor has cost me 10 grand but a fair chunk of that was in learning mistakes if you knew what you where doing cheaper to rebuild if you don't buy a new one save the headache :) this is a big float which is why I wanted it extra height and width new would have cost me maybe 14 grand new I have learnt lots rebuilding the big girl an expensive learning but you get that everyone looses money on something sooner or later in life I saved 5 grand on the ute and 3 on new pony Song so really I'm still in front :)

10. freespirit

freespirit New Member

awesome float

maybe you should write a
    "How to, and how not to rebuild a horse float" guide...
    :)*
    Great effort....

11. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Eeek freespirit that would take longer then building it lol the Grazor got new shoe boots on Tuesday thanks to good friend Jono at Coolgardie tyres will attempt wiring the big girl up this weekend if the rain stays away!

Then it's on to the padding I have already put together the centre divider and I'm searching for some 3mm rubber to go on the walls as John o Leary suggested :) so if anyone hears of any at a good price please let me know

Will get more pics on the weekend as I know this thread is useless to you guys without them lol

12. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

Try CBH they are always changing their belts over or they may know of someone that they sell it too.

13. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

Hi Crafty - haven't read back through the whole thread yet but wanted to congratulate you on a wonderful job.
    Can I ask what brand your jockey wheel is & where you sourced it from?
    :))

14. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Thanks HarleyQH no cbh up up here mine sites still looking for rubber its pricey!

Floogadog I bought the jockey wheel from supercheap auto I think from memory it was about $120 fantastic machine love it :)

15. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

The Grazor is all wired up now and sporting some lovely led's I'm installing the padding and ply on the walls half way through the ply is 7mm structural just to put something between the sheet steel and pony feet and sides :) bit more to do and she's ready to load up :) will post more pics soon still no net access in the new house and bloody telstra reckon broadband is Australia wide what a load of crap!!!!

I am looking at purchasing a new fiberglass roof I'm not happy with how the roof went back on so looking at other options I suppose that's what happens when 30 year old fiberglass sits off it's frame for months on end.....

A lovely stockies friend has kindly given me some rubber for the sides I'm really looking forward to getting to Perth in may and meeting this lady she has helped my spirits up so many times in the last few months :) big hugs lady you know who you are :)

16. Frizzy Mits

Frizzy Mits Active Member

It looks awesome :)

17. nag

nag Well-known Member

we just finished rebuild for friend takes a while to do but looks awesome

18. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

So the Grazor is definately needing a new roof I'm hoping Accacia can build one but if not does anyone know roughly what a new roof is worth fitted??

19. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Active Member

Hi Crafty
    The guy near me is the one that builds the JR Travellor floats and I see float roofs there all the time. Do you want me to pm his number? He refurbished a float for me a while ago and did a great job - and reasonably priced.

20. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

Hi!
    Could you please send me the number too?

I found a place, standard float roof is $650 extended is $1200
    I wondered if you could get extended cheaper?