rearing and lashing out at me, help needed

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Joeleen, Sep 10, 2008.

1. WITCHERY

WITCHERY Well-known Member

She did not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her that is not advise i would be taking on.

At the end of the day my horses do not have this behaviour and I am no way connected natural horseman ship

I just think beating any animal isn't really training it or solving the problem!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Joeleen

Joeleen Well-known Member

where have i bagged anyone? yes i will stick up for myself if ppl are making me feel like i am awfull to my horses....i respect everyone and there opinions..and they should respect mine.

3. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Here, Joeleen, take my hand, we will walk away and let the thread die, come with me, I have the pills.

Leave them to fight it out lol.

4. Pure Utopia

Pure Utopia New Member

You have all jumped on Witchery when they gave their opinion and you lot didn't agree. No one has said anything about how badly you treat your horses, or anything like that.

5. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

No your wrong, Witchery was not the only one giving advice that she was doing the wrong thing by the horse.

6. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Ok come on,play fair.
    Mods have enough to deal with right now without this topic adding to it.
    Give yourselves and us a break.

7. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Last post from me on this issue!

8. Joeleen

Joeleen Well-known Member

yep i am coming with you...hmmm where are you taking me?...oooh happy pills..

joeleen runs out of the thread after sharaway!:p

9. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

LOL
    everyone has there opinion but we all dont have to take it out of context yeh.... when we say whack we dont mean beating. if a dog takes your shoe and wont let it go what do you do beat it whack it or speak to it nicely? anyway you look at it you have to convince the animal and if it lets go afetr speaking to it nicely do you think it is going to do it again? i recon so if you beat it do you think it is going to trust you? i dont recon but if you make it quick and clear with one whack and it lets go do you think it is going to get the fact you dont want it to do that? i recon MAKE THE RIGHT THING EASY MAKE THE WRONG THING HARD. (i dont know if that makes sense LOL but it does for me) can i please follow you guys with the PILLS

LOL

10. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Breathe people breathe!!
    In out/ 1,2,3 ! :D
    Think before your next post!:}

11. saltriver

saltriver Guest

any one thought of using a flag..................

12. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard, well said. :D **)

Some people need a chill pill lol. Let's walk away Joeleen and Shar, holding your hands. :))

13. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

by the looksies of your picture you need to breath too. LOL
    love it

14. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Well welcome to the forum.

Lol. :)*

Joeleen & Sharaway, im with you all the way. **)

15. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Sparkie,tonight you are either very brave or very silly saying that !!lol

Ok back to the topic thanks peoples :)

16. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Saltriver, can you tell us more about using a flag..? Please:)

17. smash

smash Well-known Member

i wonder why people ALLWAYS feel there is a pecking order, and why this has to be taught at all times.
    does no one own a horse that has no problems sharing his meals with other horses? you know those NICE NATURED horses???
    does anyone notice that the horse on the bottom of the pecking order list, is only FAR TOO HAPPY to pick on the new horse??
    there are many different ways to deal with horses, and i dont think heavy handed tactics is the case for this horse, going on what the OP has stated reguarding this horse. and that is MY OPINION which the OP asked for.

the strange thing about this thread, there are over 20 consective posts by 4 or 5 members who have enraged this thread BETWEEN THEM SELVES.

18. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

D'oh! That would do the trick too *#)

19. saltriver

saltriver Guest

flag usage is a non invasive way of getting your horse to move of pressure or to get its attention.
    if I knew how to post photos I would put some up.
    or if keen I can do a short dvd and post it to my web site showing the uses of a flag.

one example is I use the flag to breed with ,my stallions of course ..lol not me.
    I can control my horse from a distance with out a rope or lead on him.

20. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Saltriver you can always send pics to a mod with the request for them to be posted if you can't.We are happy to help when it comes to training photos etc :)