Re-Beginners

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by OBHH, Jul 25, 2009.

1. petamc

petamc Well-known Member

What a great idea it is to have our "own" ARC!!
    I'm up for it. Even if it only happened every 2 months, still good for us and horses to mix and mingle.
    And I LOVE the black joddy idea:D
    I wish I could put up pics, must get someone to show me, then write down precise instructions so I can do it the next time:):)

2. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

kolies. haha i started aching all over when i wasn't riding for 4 days!!! lol

3. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! GO GOODIE!! :)*

Janine dropped in for a quick visit today, and I was very jealous to hear about her CANTERING!!!! The only time I used to canter on my old horse was when I was aiming for a nice forward trot, so I dont think that quite counts LOL!!

Rusty is looking great J, I can only imagine what he will look like in another couple of months!

I rode Rahni again today, sorry, no exciting cantering news, just lots of walking and halts (again :p) but I was extra proud of her today as she was in the big paddock, with my daugher cantering around on her pony, and lots of other distractions. She did so well, not an ounce of naughtiness in her. Boy am I going to be suprised when she one day dumps me on my ample but lol!!!

Here are some pics, I have already posted them in another thread, but I will do so again here, in my 'fellow re-beginners' group! hay Goodie, what was that name we came up with today?????? (god my memories bad)

[​IMG]

My very graceful mounting (yes yes laugh away lol)

and we're off!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woo hoo!! our own ARC NO BEIGE JODDYS ALLOWED ROFL!!!!

4. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Ok MM here it comes.............. where is your HAT...
    naughty
    naughty
    naughty you. lol
    *#)
    always the mother iam.
    if your girl is only bout 14.1 hh you must be a little vertically challanged in height like iam. give me a galloway anyday. buggar the big horses, i still had to use the picnic seat to mount again today as well.
    i bet you feel like you are sitting on a 44 gallon drum.
    she looks soooooo comfortable to ride :)

5. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

Oh Iam so jealous MM, she is divine.......
    Infact iam just jealous full stop of oBHH, Goodie, all of you that are riding....lol
    Iam having fun with Mali on the ground but:D

6. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

MO5 if you are ever down this way and fancy a ride I`m up for it. You can ride Envy, she is green but chilled. :D

7. mochaminx

BAA HAA HAA

I actually admitted in my other post that I totally forgot about my hat until I got OFF!!! MY BAD!!! I certainly DONT condone riding without one, I honestly got so carried away in the moment I honestly forgot about it!! *goes off to sulk in the norty corner*

Actually, I measured Rahni the other day, and I feel a bit ripped off, I wanted 14hh, and she's only 13.31/2!!! GOD DAM it Ive been misled 1/2 inch!!! HEADS WILL ROLL!! loL. Being of the breed she is though, she still has about 3 years worth of bone to lay down, and she's a bit bum high, so I figure I will still end up with my 14hh horse!!
    Im about 164cm, so definately not tall, but not a super short ass either (just a medium short ass) I think its just Rahnis width that makes it OK for me to ride her!!
    Not sure about comfortable to ride. I feel like ive just been at the gym doing splits for 20 minutes!! :p :p :p
    AAh well, at my age, a bit of flexion is good for the old bones PMSL!!!!

8. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

I must admit all the times i remember riding without my hat as well, BUT now i have my 5 yo daughter watching me i have to do the correct mummy thing.;)

9. mochaminx

Oh I FULLY AGREE!!! My daughter was riding with me today (or should I say, cantering around us show me up *#)) and she had her helmet on!!

Im suprised she didnt pick me up on it, she's usually all over me like a rash with things like that!!

[​IMG]

heres what her pony thinks of the whole deal....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

MM...It was RUSTY RIDERS:)*...or should that be RUSTY RIDERZ:D Maybe we should see what others think and have poll with any other suggestions:D:)*

...and good to catchup again and meet your beautiful pony:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  11. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Awww bugga I can't join the little ARC. Booo!

I still haven't ridden. Woke at 2pm this avo but hoping for nice weather this week and a new girth so I can!

12. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Check....check.....check.....Yep, I can do all of that. Yahooooo, I'm in!!!!!!

13. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

and I think that the "non-showing" uniform should be what MM and I were wearing today;):)*

14. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Wohoo go Goodie and Rusty! We need action photos now.

Norty girl Mocha! Get those feathers clean so I can come down and play with Rahni and my camera!

15. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

can i join?
    i havent ridden 'properly' for about 2ish years? ive ridden prob ridden 15times over the 2 years

i will be back in the saddle when the weather fines up ploding on peppy boy, trying to gt him some muscles back and putting more work into jayke

16. megan

megan Well-known Member

can i join 2 i have prob ridden 6 times in 2 years. but now im preg again BOO (only cause i cant ride) so no riding til nov/dec but i am in the process of starting uno with the help of my lovely agistment lady. and like other crazey people here i have a youngester who is unstarted LOL

17. Anna E

Anna E Guest

Pictures by annaerickson - Photobucket
    We rode yesterday!! It's only the 4th time I'vre ridden him and he's going SO well. We wanna come to the re-beginners show pretty please but we don't have any fancy gear either...

18. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Well done**)**) It was my fourth ride as well. Your pony looks nice...you can do pairs with OBHH:)*

19. painter

painter Well-known Member

Hey can I join as well? I had a 15year+ break from the saddle until I got Flicka in December last year. Between the heat and the rain and sick kids, sick husband, injured/unbroken horses, having surgery and now mud slick paddocks I've only ridden about a dozen times since I officially got back in the saddle:(

But can I brag that I cantered the first time and *didn't* fall off and had the confidence to start Tommy under saddle:D I will also admit to needing two milk crates and a bucket to get on 15h Flicka the first few times - getting on was and still is definitely the biggest challenge!

I will only consider ARC if black joddies are permissable. And step ladder mounting blocks.

And mochaminx, you have definitely been ripped off! You can't possibly keep that pony now, she's too small so you better give her to me:)*

20. Anna E

Anna E Guest

OK as founder member of the R and D Endurance club (the Rock and Ditch Club, so named because we all need a rock for us or a ditch for the horses after we get off to have a pee on an endurance ride) stepladders or milk crates absolutely - and anyway isn't it better for your horses backs to get on froma block :p.
    Just a thought - if we are seriously going to make this a re-beginners day, why don't we see about getting some speakers involved - so ride in the morning and a couple of talks in the afternoon? Maybe a physio or someone who can give us some tips on exercise and core strength? Or someone to help us with our confidence issues? Someone to explain how to get the most in terms of fitness and riding skills in the very limited time we all have? I'll have a think about it...