Re-Beginners

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by OBHH, Jul 25, 2009.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

OK, Goodie, Mochamix, Babe the standy rocks, Anna E , ooh, sorry was there anyone else i forgot.
    Us re-beginners that are GOING to hop on and ride at a show later in the year, ive been practacing, have you??
    Im definately getting some practice in whilst the weather is fine.
    Here are some photos from today. show me yours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    excuse my dicky left hand and my VERY dirty pony who looks anaemic cause of his winter coat. But nice to be back in the saddle.

2. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

whoops, sorry forgot mum of five. Haha Terri , how could i forget you. .... and no i didnt fall off.*#)

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

You forgot me :D. I've had a five year break and just getting back into riding now :D.

Had Cobber a few weeks now and haven't ridden since the day after I got him LOL! I will get there haha.

4. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Oops forgot to say you look great!!! :D

5. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Is anyone else allowed to comment? ;)

6. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

..............and a few more, sorry that OH is not the best photographer. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    definately going to ride again tomorrow.:)

7. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

very noice horsey!

8. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

lol.... only if you nice to me.:p

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I can post photo's of my one ride a few weeks ago? I look terrible haha.

OBHH thats a lovely horse!

10. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Looking good. Where you sore after you rode. I remember when I got back in the saddle I forgot how hard riding actually was and I could only last about 20mins in the saddle.

11. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Okay here goes....since I got no answer lol

If you are just starting back in riding a good idea to attach a monkey grip to the front of your saddle..."just in case";)

I always like to ride with gloves on...just feel more comfy and you dont get that ingrained dirt in your fingers from the reins:p

Wont comment on your position at all...as I dont feel it is needed here but Well Done...you look very happy:D

12. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

ok Sarah, you can be part of our re-beginners group as well. We are all going to get ride fit again and find a little walk/trot show to go to. Most of us are all the same, had lots of time out of the saddle after having the kids. So any one else wish to join us.:)

13. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Im always noice! :D

14. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Haha thankyou!

I kinda get fustraited with myself. I know how its done however I don't have the muscel etc to ride / carry myself properly and I feel like a sack of potato's! OMG my lower legs swing like I've never seen them do before yet when I used to ride full time I always got comments for how still my legs were lol.

Bring on the pratice and the pain of it! haha

15. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Eek:eek: I have to practice?

16. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Thanks Babe, but dont feel im that much of a "beginner" to need a monkey strap, i have ridden for years but had "time off" whilst having the kids and trying to get fit again but i do recomend them alot with the kids thou,
    and i cant stand gloves, i find it interferes with my feel for the horse and it doesnt bother me about dirt in the fingers.
    Cheers:)

17. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

You know the old saying...Practice Makes Perfect

Practice
    Patience
    Perserverance:D

18. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Yes Emma, best start NOW.:)

19. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Good to get lunging lessons. They help so much when you get back into riding. You have no stirrups or reins. Its very good for balance and using your lower leg.

Then when they get you to rise trot with no stirrups omg its such a killer when you get off. Your legs feel like jelly and you feel like you are going to fall over lol

20. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

As seen before...a few piccies of a quick 5min ride so no real time to think about position etc...he's now been lightly lunged for the last few weeks because we're working on trust issues and also fattening him up :).
    But he's over sensative and evades the bit that way so it'll mostly be long and low and some fun bush rides for a while!:

[​IMG]