Quarter Horses

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lauren, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Lauren:D
    we already have something VERY suitable for your needs cooking in the oven.:p
    Check out Extreme Desire (16.1hh. absoloutely massive in height, bone, and body wise and a real darling nature wise) bred to Three Solid Bars for 2011 drop.
    It will be a 3/4 sibling to Go The Distance both foals (lots of leg, bone and athletic ability). Extreme Desire's foal won WAQHA State Open and Amature Champ Gelding. He went to be broken in at Saltrivers with a very good report. He stood @ 16.0 as a 3 yo. He is at the station now doing stock work earning his upkeep. Very comfy to ride too. ( the owner spends long hours in the saddle)
    There is 50/50 pally or chestnut color possibility.

Here is the link to the show page on our website. His name is Coliban Three Colors.
    http://www.colibanqh.com/show.html
    Cheers, lena:)))

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

In regards to show jumping there used to be this QH at PC that was a great jumper :D

3. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Hi Lauren its good to see you are doing your home work early on chosing a suitable foal**) We also offer our foals for sale in utero and payments can be made just like a simple lay by. Its a great way to save for something you want as your future investment and gives you 11 months to do so.

Good luck and I hope you find something that you want.

Regards - Sue

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

So many choices!

Thanks so much for answering all my questions Lena.

Wish I could fast forward and find out what's happening next year would make everything much easier!

5. HarleyQH

HarleyQH Well-known Member

Good Luck Lauren, Uni is important so all the best with your studies. :)
    There are and will be fantastic QH's bred here in WA, so keep researching and finding out what it is in the QH that you want.
    We breed versatile horses that have bone, legs 11, cow sense, life time durability and are pretty with colour. We are small breeders with 4 fantastic mares that we breed to complimentary stallions to achieve our goals, we like it this way, it allows us time to spend time with our mare care and our foals. We also have a lovely colt who we get to spend time training and hopefully starting under saddle by the end of the year. He is going to produce some awesome foals for us in the future.
    All the best with your Uni and QH adventures :)

6. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

colibanqh - gosh your little (big) man is just stunning!

Good luck, Lauren :) Qh's are just amazing, with the most beautiful temp. No limits with qh's .. they're just so cruisey.

Good luck!!

7. Cheeki:p
    are you talking about this one?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He is not quite 4 months old. The mare is 15.3hh tall for his height estimation.
    Thank you for your nice comment.:D
    lena

8. lollipop

lollipop Active Member

They are so versatile because of their generally laid back temperament, great breed choice Lauren. **) If you can find one just a little taller then they really become versatile:) Good luck with it all.

9. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Oh yes I do have one :)

[​IMG]

10. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

colibanqh - hehe yes I am :D Can't stop looking at his pictures .. just gorgeous! Must be very proud!
    (mind you .. I've been eyeing off your website for a while now .. gosh you produce some really stunning horses!)

11. Thank you Cheeki! To be honest the pics don't do foals any justice. They are by far better looking in the flesh. I am no pro equine photographer! hehehe:D

12. Topaz17

Topaz17 Active Member

QH can defenatly jump i have been jum[ping C Grade (80-85cm) this year and she clears them by a mile and am hoping to go up to prelim next year at some stage once we both are getting bored with the height.

such a versitile breed too! this year was my last year of pony club and i had a go at everything. we also were the state Handy Pony Champion 3 years in a row. would not blink an eye at any of the scary stuff on the course straight over the ramp and through the streamers and over the tarps etc etc.

we also with a bit of work have been going great in our dressage.

you cant go wrong with getting a young horse.

Goodluck.

13. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Lauren you are so lucky to be considering, even if not actually shopping yet! :)
    I have been drooling over Coliban's QHs for years and wish I'd snapped the first time was tempted.
    My boy is half QH and I find him an ideal all-rounder.
    If I was to get a pure QH, I'd be chasing one with height and comfortable action.

14. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Hi Lauren, A qh would be great for what you want...i love the qh temperament

my first horse was a lovely bombproof 1st X QH mare, she was a great jumper, she was unbeaten in six bar and she could clear all the fences to the TB stud up the road when in season too:D

15. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

When it comes to nature, they are really wonderful horses, although after palying around with some welsh D's I think they are pretty cool dudes as well. Most are also very versitile.

Here are a few photos of my boy taken a bit over a week ago. He hadnt beem ridden in about 8 months and I took him out of a paddock witth a mare, threw a saddle on him and a ride. Even my friend had a bit of a spin with him

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

His foal last year from my special mare

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

I will find a couple of her mother

16. KC Quarter Horses

Savannah when she was about 3 weeks from foaling

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

I had given her a bath to wash her tail and time her mane.

Savannah in action prior to having a foal

image[​IMG]

So yes they can jump, this was her first 80cm course and she easily jumps a metre. Havent tried her any higher than that but I have no doubts she would be an awesome 6 bar pony, would get around D grade with out a problem and from what I have been told would make the perfect Hunter pony not that we run those classes here in Aus. Every time I take her out someone wants to buy her. Only showed her in hand a couple of times as a baby and she did well.....even won champion ASH as she is dual registered AQHA and ASH. :)

I am breeding her again this season as her next colt foal to Comanche has been booked. :)

17. KC Quarter Horses

While I am at it, this is Sarah ..... Pretty Conclusive Stuff. Also dual registered ASH. Her dam is one of the most highly awared QH's in the studbook with Roms in just about everything. She is Savannahs dam and Cleos granddam. Like Comanche she had not been ridden in about 8 months, was taken out of the paddock and a saddle put on her.

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

image[​IMG]

Although I didnt ride any of them for that long I did make the tactile error of riding 3 that day and paid the price by having trouble walking for a few days. I hadnt ridden because I had been ill but admit I was a bit to eager and while I had heaps of fun I certainly paid the price of my inaction LOL.

Anyway...the point is, they are great horses. You can chuck them in a paddock, and pull them out, throw a saddle on them and go, taking into consideration what their fitness level is. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  18. Ah savanah! that horse is awesome. shes suchh a good little jumper :)!

19. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

Iadored my QH gelding. Had him for 19 years before we had to say goodbye. One of the saddest days of my life.

Truely gorgeous horses. Stubbon, forgiving, steady.
    My lad loved jumping even though he wasn't great at it. He would get to about 90 cm but no higher.

I love Colibans babies I would go looking for one of her babies if I was on the look out for another QH.

20. Thank you Sugar's Mum.:D
    I know that you are a fan of Jet Boom and you know that we have a great deal of his genetics in our paddocks.:p So whenever you are ready...:p
    lena