QH stallion to breed challenge& drafting prospects?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by FDPH, Dec 15, 2008.

1. He FDPH:)*
    how come you are making your breeding decision now? It is american breeding season at the moment!:confused: That's why I couldn't sleep for a month thinking what are we going to breed to over there!!!
    We started breeding TSB at 1.8 months old and TBT as a 2yos. We found that it is easier to deal with studs when young colts breed a mare or two and get it out of their system instead of watching them being sexually frustrated. A happy stud = an easy stud.;)
    Beagle*#)
    you are yawning not because you are bored with the discussion, but may I suggest because you are getting on lol and catching up with me???*#) Lol!(((runs for cover!)))
    Kiraspark:)
    you are always welcome!:D
    cheers, lena

2. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Yeah Lena I know but it is only 4mnths untill August and I had to make up my mind on one definateley to get the contract done and booking fee paid!! So then I just decided on the other mare but I am still stuck with the little mare... but I will have an ephimey ( I'm sure that is spelt wrong) and make a decision!!

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I have a few I'm thinking about.....one I'll need for early in the season (September) and the other I won't need till she foals...(foals me my beautiful bay filly by Conman that is.....lolol).

I still think I'll go with Conman again for the early one too.......and probably Conman for the other one too.....lolol

FDPH any suggestions for my Romeo mare?........check her out and see what you think.

4. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Do you want to stay with stockhorse EVP or go to QH?

Can't go wrong with Conman thats for sure, my OH mare(fingers crossed) is hopefully in foal to him, it's only the end of march!!!!

5. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Where is she? Website?

6. EVP

EVP Gold Member

ASHS website....Knights Colette.

Only ASH please....lolol.....no QH.

Short list....Conman, & the one of Huon Smith (the old boy who's name escapes me now).

7. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Kyabra cattle baron? He is deceased did they freeze semen? Will have a think they are getting short on the ground.... do you want to do a bit of linebreeding or do a complete outcross? Plenty of good romeo horses about but the magical abbey/romeo cross is going to a bit harder, not too many abbey bred horses about! MMM will go through my lists!!

8. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Marnies Command......yeah yeah I know the bottom side is QH....

I think his semen travels well. **)

9. FDPH

FDPH Guest

Funny that I was thinking of using him to,I will PM you. Einnor Blackjack is another really nice old horse out of a super producing Abbey bred mare, but I'm not sure on AI or even if he is still standing to public. Phillip Kirkby has a really good Adios Reflect horse out of Orchy, he's grey!! and kind of common in a nice way(Ivory common!) but he is a really talented horse, Soda O reilly of lindsay knights but he is an Omega out of an abdul mare grey to nice horse clever horse, I used Coster last year and he is a really good horse, gold pally out of a shit hot mare, i would be happy to use him again. he is a consistent 92 horse and a wonderful cool flat running horse. Um I tell you the ASH colts are thin on the ground at the moment, am still going to chase up Donrica Batman, he is going to waste and I am told he was a very good horse and a complete outcross to romeo but contain the Abbey blood pretty close.