Profile Picture Issues??

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by needanswers, Mar 9, 2011.

1. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

Hi Stockies,

I tried to upload a new profile picture the other day. It says it has changed and displays the picture when I go back into my settings to edit my profile pic but every post I make still shows the old picture!!

What am I doing wrong?

2. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

I have this same problem!

3. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

The file is probably too large.Avatars have to be 19.5kb or 140x 140 pixels whichever is smaller.Try resizing the file before you try and upload it.

4. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Ladies, please let me know if you were able to change your avatars as I have had to increase the security on the system.

cheers...admin

5. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Nope, I made sure my profile pictures was below both the pixel and the size limit. If I go into my "edit profile picture" section my new picture is the one that is shown, but when I post on threads it is my old picture. No matter what I do it won't change!

6. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Should be ok now Arfy.:)

cheers...admin

7. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Testing...

8. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Nope, my profile picture still shows a different image in my "Edit picture" section, to the old image that keeps being shown when I post...

9. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Any ideas?

10. Spec

Spec New Member

Hey Arfy, just guessing - is it your Avatar that you are trying to change (the pic on left hand side of your posts)? If so, this is changed in the 'edit avatar' section in UserCP I think. Worth a shot anyhow :)

11. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Oh. my. gosh. I am actually retarded.
    Yep I hadn't even looked further down the menu to see the "Avatar" part!
    Thank you!