Profile on your colored horses

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by magpies, Mar 21, 2008.

1. magpies

magpies New Member

I do not know if i can put this on here , but i was wanting to see profiles on stockies colored horses.
    Paints,pintos, palomino's, cremalo's,perlino's, buckskins etc.
    Things such as picture,name, age,what you do with them and were they bred in w.a or else were.

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Ok.
    Gigs. Standardbred Pinto. FULL Standardbred. 10 yr old gelding currently residing at Rimes place until she tells me she is sick of him. Liberty extrodinaire.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ash. 2 yr old Standardbred Pinto gelging. Again, full standy.
    Bred him myself from Daisy, love of my life, and a Skewbald Standardbred stallion I was leasing at the time. Halter shown with success but currently on break to grow up and be a horse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Interesting breeding Gaia, how or where did the pinto come into the standard bred breed ? I've heard of a few around but would be interested to find out where it came from for them to still be pure bred standarbreds.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread...

4. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Good As Gold (aka Goodie

12hh Part Welsh, Palomino. by the beautiful Radnor Midas out of Carrington Park Marigold, 5yo. Was bred in South Australia, and is descended from the ponies I rode as a child. He came to me in August 2007. He does Halter and Lead Rein. Getting better and better behaved at each outing. Would be doing ridden if I could find a small, experienced rider:confused: These are piks of his last two shows:)*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

Hi Dollar i am not sure but I think the Standy colour is like the TB and Quarterhorses ie they have what is called a crop out which is essentially two solid coloured horses producing a coloured foal, as somewhere way back there might have been a horse with a certain gene which produces a lot of chrome which has laid dormant until a mixing of certain genes and ta da coloured baby. Thats about as clear as mud isn't it well thats my understanding of it anyway there is probably a very scientific answer but I don't know it maybe Gaia knows how better to explain it:D

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I've got a couple:-

Our lasted dilute foal born in December 07 out of a Pure Arabian Mare and by Fairlight Acres Riverdance. She is buckskin but a very different colour than I have had before and is now going the darkest gold I have ever had. She is also the first buckskin I have bred that I have noticed very prominent Leg Barring and Face Mask on. This photo is from 3 weeks old but I will have to get out there and take more. WA Bred.
    [​IMG]

August 07 buckskin foal by Fairlight Acres Riverdance out of RP Mare, so welsh & riding pony breeding, again not your normal gold bucky. WA Bred:-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fairlight Acres Riverdance, welsh/rp breeding, palomino who's colour varies all year and also depends what he is getting fed. Victorian bred.
    [​IMG]

Shanameer Ace of Hearts, welsh/rp breeding, palomino. Bred in Tassie:-
    [​IMG]

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Chloe(Pleasant Surprise)WA Bred..1/4 Horse x STB..10yrs this yr...Mare..14.1 1/4hh.
    Mainly In-hand showing..Been out of work due to having a foal..Now slowly coming back into work.
    (Paddock Condition Now)
    [​IMG]
    (Show Condition)
    [​IMG]

Zayn(Special Edition)WA Bred..Chloe's Foal...1/4 Horse x STB x Part Arab...Colt..3 Months Old(on Monday)..Not sure on Height..He is in light training(basics)..Will be shown Soon..Future Riding Horse..
    (2 Days Old)
    [​IMG]

(Now)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  8. sil

sil Gold Member

Canyonleigh Golden Jubilee 'Fred' purebred Saddlebred, about 15.2hh and 11 years old, made in WA, he's a serving stallion, spends his time cosying up for cuddles and alternatively trying to play with the minis :)

[​IMG]

And Nitro, purebred Saddlebred, he's gonna be about 17hh and he is now 3 years old, he is from the USA and will be serving once he arrives, hopefully he will be as pleasant as Freddo :) And I think we'll have him broken to saddle too.

[​IMG]

9. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

[​IMG]

billy jo mcallister

qhxtb gelding

born 02 down south wa.

pleasure riding, paddock ornament and one day if i get around to it hopefully showing, but not sure yet :)

10. croft

croft Well-known Member

Pintardo sweet sophistication.
    5 this year ,bred here in W.A by Pitardo stud.Use to do in hand showing but injured her fetlock so can not be shown anymore, use her for pleasure riding and hope to breed her this season.
    [​IMG]

Wotaqtee peppy le pew, 12yrold stallion, don't know breeding, paddock ornament.
    [​IMG]

11. Saiorse

Saiorse Well-known Member

Romantic Notion AKA Whiskey...
    View attachment 2795

His Sire was a black TB, Dam a TBx pally pinto.

*Whiskey is my friend, a teacher to me and many of my students.
    *He excels at cued liberty, even if you get the cues wrong! LOL.
    *He looks after everyone at the beach.
    *He will try anything - X - country, classical schooling, chasing stuff (cows, sheep, shetlands, dogs), jumping, swimming in creeks, camping, and so much more. Never says no despite his reservations.
    *He is currently looking after a poorly mini/shetland stallion and until recently was looking after a traumatised Welshie pony because he is a Save Equus Inc. volunteer, and modelled for a greeting card to raise money, so many of you might already own or have seen a picture of him.
    *He loves the camera, and features in the Facebook profile pictures of MANY people, and has albums of fantastic shots dedicated to him!

Words alone do him no justice. He is simply brilliant!

I'm very honoured to have met this boy, and fortunate he came into my care, thanks to a student who hit hard times, and thought of his welfare above her own, rehoming him with me.

XJ

P.S. Do you mean "coloured" as in skewbald, piebald etc. or dilutes etc. too? Got one of those as well...

Horsemanship with Jayne Lavender
    Jaynelavender.com Homepage

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  12. Rem

Rem Well-known Member

I have a pally, her name is SG Platinum Rose (Lily to her friends), she is 3 years old and her present occupation is being cheeky although she is learning liberty and will hopefully go on to be a dressage horse. I have no idea how to post pics but Fred (Canyonleigh Golden Jubilee in Sil's post) is her dad so just imagine a female version and you'd be pretty spot on. :D

13. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

[​IMG]
    Photo Credit: C Ros (have copyright)

Solitaires Shiraz a.k.a Shiraz
    Part Arabian Mare (Reg 75%, Act: 87.5%)
    Purpose: Used to be showen, very successful, has begun western pleasure trained. She is due to foal this yr, and probably wont see a show ring again unless under saddle.
    Bred: By me mum for my 12th birthday...... in W.A

14. mineees

mineees Gold Member

oakie- red dun mini pony stallion..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are piks of his markings/barrings.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mineees

mineees Gold Member

teeshar - black buckskin mini pony mare..

[​IMG]

shine - buckskin mini pony mare...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mineees

mineees Gold Member

and blossom- our first foal for our stud from oakie and teeshar
    she is reg as a cream dun..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. mineees

mineees Gold Member

[​IMG]

and thunder who is reg as oakies progeny....i was/am hoping she is a red dun....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I'm not exactly sure how it came about, but i do know it originated from England. I should find out more detail really considering I keep getting asked :eek:

19. Saiorse

Saiorse Well-known Member

Ok, Dilutes too, LOL.

Presence of Heart; QHxTB now 2 and my dream come true (I can prove it - I have the sketch of her years before she was concieved, and I asked for a Buckskin!). We intend to be partners until I'm an old lady, so we are not rushing into the whole riding deal, but she was imprinted, has attended some of my classes, been to a couple of shows, goes to the beach a lot and she sits in my heart like she is a part of me.
    View attachment 2796
    First time at the ocean with mum. Couple of weeks old.
    View attachment 2797
    Supreme 2006 Dilute State Champs. 3 months old.
    View attachment 2798
    Spring 2007. Nearly 2.

XJ

Horsemanship with Jayne Lavender
    Jaynelavender.com Homepage

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  20. mineees

mineees Gold Member

jayne she is beautiful.......and i too got my dream pony.all i wanted was a gold buckskin filly,and i got her-only she carries the dun factor.but she is turning gold with the black legs ect.to have gotten the dun factor was like a HUGE bonus....:)