Posts not showing in General Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Leighchel, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

Hi
    i was just wondering why no posts were showing up in the general discussion section, the threads are saying they have posts but when you click theses only the thread and nobody elses ideas comes up! have they been deleted?

2. anamcara

anamcara New Member

Hi @)
    This is happening to me too.

I have tried with Firefox and Internet Explorer and same problem both browsers.

Lots of RAM as brand new top computer.

Any suggestions on cache settings happily received!
    Jen

3. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

Phew I'm so glad it's not just me. I've been having heaps of probs especially seeing posts in OPEN. Every time I go in there it says I'm not logged in yet I can post but then I cant see the post when I go back in or any recent posts either HELP PLS !!!!!!

4. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

The only time that this would happen is if the member is not logged in as we have implemented a caching system for people who are not logged in to reduce cpu usage. Therefore, you are probably seeing a cached page where the posts have not been updated to show the latest post. The moral of this story is; make sure you have logged in to see ALL posts.

cheers...admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  5. Hot to Trot

Hot to Trot New Member

hi Admin.
    I logged in but still have the same problem.

6. Shane

Shane Super Moderator

As admin said we have implemented a caching system for non-members in an attempt to reduce the workload on the hosting servers. This could intern create an underlying issue with members who view a forum section without being initially logged in. If you were to attempt to log in after, the pages that have been cached under a non-member configuration will be displayed again not showing the full content.

This is an easy fix!

Just before you log in, delete all your temporary files, cookies and cached pages.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  7. froggie

froggie New Member

hi admin.

I posted something in open discussions about 3 days ago and I can't find it now. I looked through a lot of pages but couldnt see my message...
    Im a bit forum illiterate so I may have missed it..

Is there an easy way to keep a check on my posts?

Did I do something wrong; the post was about me looking for work. Is this allowed?
    Thanks.

8. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Froggie ,there is no advertising allowed on the forums .You need to use the classifieds section to advertise :)

9. froggie

froggie New Member

whoops, thanks for the info mod :)