Police Bungle Welfare Case...

Discussion in 'News Items' started by HalcyonStables, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I saw that on the news yesterday. The damn lowlife idiot must be laughing :(

2. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Sorry some blame from me goes to the Magistrate---- Felicity Zempilas !! #(

Cheers
    Lee

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  3. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Ahhh this is so irritating!!!

I know people want to be angry and I'm angry too. But more people need to understand that the Magistrate Felicty is bound by law!

She was only able to act to what the law allowed her too. And sadly because the warrant was stuffed with that means there is no EVIDENCE!

By law magistrate cannot accept the evidence the police found at the mans home or the admissions he made there because the POLICE stuffed up the warrant.

By law the magistrate had no other choice then to aquit the man and pay him legal costs.

If you want to change the laws then you have to lobby parliment! but then a warrant law like this being changed would mean that if the police wrongfully accused you off murdering your kids you would be thrown in jail anyway.

As much as the law sucks sometimes its the way it is and it is that way for the broader spectrum.

This topic sucks! I have protested and been forwarding emails to get this sick sod the max penalty but at the end of the day if there is no evidence there is nothing we can do. It's frustrating yes but bag the police they are the ones that stuffed up not Mag.

4. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

This is not strictly correct. A magistrate can admit evidence that has been 'illegally' obtained as in this case where the warrant was lost. This is argued in a voir dire (a trial which specifiaclly argues the admissibility of evidence of a case where there are contentions). This is what happened in this case on wednesday morning. A magistrate or judge can still admit technically 'indamissible' evidence for reasons such as public interest, ie. if it is in the public interest to hear the case and not aquit the accused on a technicality.
    Obviously the magistrate did not see sufficient reason to order that the evidence be admitted.

There is a FB group set up in support of the guy where it has been stated that the accused willingly handed over the video and evidence, it just happened that the police also had a warrant so then that obviously became the issue. Of course the accused didn't admit that in court!!

Hopefully there will be an appeal.

5. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

I am hoping there will be an appeal too its just god awful.

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

:}

OMFG !! Nannoo is that true ?? :(#(

I find it sad...& SICK that some one would "take" PLEASURE in watching something-ANYTHNING die slowy & painfully :(:mad:#( let alone video it.

:(
    Lee

7. carol51

carol51 Well-known Member

killing of brumby

i dont know why people get suprised by what some people do for enjoyment some of the human race is just cruel for the sake of it and most of the others just bury theyre heads and pretend it doesnt happen you will never change this attitude i have watched vidios of horse and cow sloughter in the usa putting them into a grinder alive i am ashamed to be human