Please help with my mare

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Ellie Brook, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ellie Brook

Ellie Brook New Member

hi,
    my 10 year old mare has been so not right lately!!!!!!!
    first she has been very mouthie (biting alot) and has been kicking when i rug her( usually very sweet mare)
    since she has a bolled spot on the top off her tail ( and she is very sensived there ) pluse she has some lumps on her neck down to her chest\
    therd she is allso itching her head and neck.
    i first thort that it might have be a bad sesen because we has had our filliy near her ( and the filly is very tatiy ) but we moved her and thay both have come out off sesen
    but now i am thinking that it might be sweet itch!!!!!!
    and one other thing is she has rilly bad gass
    can some one please help me so i can star riding and spending more time whith her :wub:

2. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Sounds a bit like wind/gas colic. I would suggest a vet visit to get you back on track.

3. Warren

Warren New Member

It sounds to me like there are a few things going on which may or may not be related.

Is she wormed regularly? When was she last drenched? Is she sensitive to insect bites? What sort of rug does she wear? There are all sorts of things that could make her grumpy, itchy, gassy!

I agree with Deb2, get a vet to check her out.

4. Ellie Brook

Ellie Brook New Member

Thank you

Hi,
    Yes she is up to date with her worming

No she has never Ben sensitive to insect bits but she did get bitten on her neck by a spider about 3months ago and had a reaction to it

She wears a rain sheet at nights that are 15 digress and under and wears a Sumer fly mesh rug for anything above 15 digress she also gest sprayed with an insect repellant morning and night

And no she has never Ben drenched because the horse trainer that I use to work for seed the I don't need to and she as never done her horse so I feed my horses some sweet chaff instead

Thank you both for your replies **)I might get the vet out then to have a look at her :unsure:

5. Warren

Warren New Member

Definitely the best course of action. Good luck with getting her problems sorted out.

6. realalvin

realalvin New Member

Go for vet, Good luck to your mare!:)

7. southwardKIWI

southwardKIWI Well-known Member

have you got a update on what the problems where with your horse, as it could help some one else in the distance future, and do you have any pic''s of your horse.... alan