Planned Breedings for 2014/2015 season

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Razzie, Oct 14, 2013.

1. There is a pattern, Sassy:) and yes, do more research, knowledge is power!:)

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Pin, I really like your mares' Sires!! Great temperaments :) I was excited this year to see that a son of What's Colour has come to WA to stand :D

3. pin

pin New Member

Thanks Wattle :)

I have edited my post, because I have changed stallions for my second mare. I do love WC, and have a filly by him, but decided to go with a local fellow instead this year.

I will be excited to see how WC son turns out when mature. The temperaments are super. My filly isn't the sharpest pencil in the pencil case though :)

I am using Lord Lamarque now, over Rose, who I fell in love with about 2 years ago at a stallion show. I'm really impressed with him as a total package.

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I have decided to only breed 1 for next year and will repeat Friso's Knight Ryder over Fittingly after the awesome filly they have given me this year! I have a dose of For Romance and Redline Shooting Star but I will save them for next year.

Pin, you will get a lovely bubby from Bug, can't wait to see it!

5. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

I'm sending my girl to be bred with KPF's very handsome Friesian boy Omer at the end of this week... just a wee little bit excited about this!!!

6. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

I have bred a few mares this year . Two of these foals have already been pre booked for next yr and one I have bred for myself (the sport pony!)

A repeat cross of my 2012 filly Sasperilla
    *Salzburg (St Moritz|SPS Bella Carmina) x LP Raissa (Rotspon| Mamiro)
    [​IMG]

*Hofrat (Gribaldi|Guter Planet) x CME Ffionette (Fishermans Friend|Gotthard)

And a sport pony foal in the making
    *Salzburg (St Moritz|SPS Bella Carmina) x PC Madjic Flute (Highfield Vivaldi x Madjic Illusion)

There may possibly be one other but havent made a final decision as yet

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

Just thought I'd bump this up to say that I just got a call to say that Delta is in foal... first AI attempt and all!!!

SUPER excited right now :birthday:

8. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Torridon Gracie CroftCnoc Montgomery (Maverickdene IMP) X Harkaway Lodge Celeste (Highland Pony) has had a PTIF to CroftCnoc Lucas Taranganbe MacAdam X Whinmere Rainbow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torridon Tinker Kingdom's Dynasty (Thoroughbred) has had a PTIF to Maverickdene (IMP) Keiran of Dalbrack X Jenniferdene.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

Well the breeding year started for me, have everything ready to go, just waiting for our mare to play the game. Goes in for second scan today, hopefully PG her shortly.

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Well my plans have changed a little. I was going to put Kit over Sporty but given that Gemma has slipped somewhere along the way I had a LFG to Andaman so... Sporty was covered by the beautiful old boy himself this morning. Fingers crossed in 2 weeks I will have a PTIF and in about 11 months finally have my Anglo Arab foal!

11. sil

sil Gold Member

We're having the year off this year, way too much going on to add foals into the mix!
    But next year will be a corker with three exceptional Saddlebred mares to go in foal to Nitro.

congratulations to everyone who has had mares successfully PTIF already :)

12. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

Well full steam ahead. hopefully my mare is in foal. She was AI'd on friday, so first scan in 14-16 days time. Fingers crossed :)

13. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

Ok we have a few big ones going in foal this year as we have had very strong interest in 3 of the four we are breeding so atm we have.........
    Comries Ghost (Perlino QH) PTIF to Hustlers Near Miss (My Paintbred Stallion) This one will probably be a keeper much to my hubbys disgust lol.
    "America" (Brown TB Haulpac/Jevington TB) already bred to Hustlers Near Miss just waiting to do 45 day scan (is PTIF on 16 day scan). My boy carries Sir Tristram lines as well as Three Bars so this should be a good event prospect.
    Whiplash Smile (Chestnut TB) to Hustlers Near Miss for a repeat breeding as I am so impressed with the first foal from this mating(the foal is the one in my avatar) :) Just waiting for her to play the game.
    Maries Luck (Liver Chestnut TB) to Hustlers Near Miss this is the Dam of my Paint Colt GPS Rockabilly Hustler (Rebel) so expecting great things from this cross when she decides to play the game sigh mares lol
    We have also covered a Chestnut Paintbred mare PL Sheza a Sweet Coolibah so now waiting for 16 day scan as we only covered her yesterday :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  14. CountryGurl_007

CountryGurl_007 Well-known Member

I have my Tb mare going to a lovely Andulsian Stallion who is standing at stud this year hopefully fingers crossed they produce me a lovley part bred andy foal

15. celestialdancer

I have both my girls 45 day scan photos if anyone wants to see them?

Two bubbies correct size, strong heartbeats :)

Monica's one caused a bit of a drama by lying head on to the ultrasound so at first we thought there were twins :eek: and then couldn't find a heart beat because of the position but with a little bit of manipulation (much to Monica's disgust!) we managed to sort stuff out and actually, everything is A-Okay! ;)

16. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

So I'm planning on breeding my 14.2hh QH mare Shanti to Jest Moonshine, 14.2hh Crabbett Arabian stallion for a Quarab :)

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

How exciting Wawa! I know you have thought about what to breed her to for years :)

I have booked Molly in to Royal Oak II for this coming year :D Deciding what to do with Sporty, may leave her empty and ride her for the year since she is so sweet otherwise likely back to Kit as she produced me something so awesome with that cross with Larnie.

18. celestialdancer

Jest Moonshine is lovely! Congrats WaWa!

We only have Monica due to foal again, she's due in 115 days to Maverickdene IMP.

Not 100% sure what to do this season.

Monica has a free service to Tresaison Numero Uno IMP
    May be able to extend the LFG to Monica to cross with Lucas.
    If the Maverickdene baby is spectacular, she'll go back to him.
    But if Royal Scott IMP treks the Nullabor, she's top of the list to him.

If all else fails, considering a local arab for a typey anglo.

Winsome is empty, and depending on this show season, she may be put in foal later.

Would like to cover her with Maverickdene IMP if Royal Scott IMP doesn't trek the Nullabor.

But really don't know what to do :(

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

In the end, i only have the 1 mare due, maiden & due Sept.

Planned breedings for this coming season is my palomino Pt Arab/Part Welsh Remaani Lodge Gold N Lyric, is going to the amazing bay Welsh A/Arabian Pony stallion, Elargee Rowan.

:birthday:

20. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

None for us this year. We've given away the breeding game (not that we bred many each year anyway), and have sold the few broodmares we had.

If I want to later on, its easier to just keep an eye out and buy a weanling off another breeder - that way I get to choose exactly what I want AND see it in the flesh first, AND not have to wait 11 months lol *#)

Having said that, we've got a couple of super-awesome fillies (the best ones from our last foal crop), and in a few years after competing under saddle, I mayyyyyy put one in foal. I do find myself 'stallion shopping' for them even now, so who knows. Ha :p

Last edited: May 22, 2014