pinto standies

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by ashlee, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ashlee

ashlee Active Member

How do i get my hands on a pinto Standardbred????

2. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Out of no where is the only paint stb stallion i know of. Ask gaia about his where abouts (she breed with him).He use to stand at a stud down in serpentine but I think he has moved over east now. they arent common so goodluck

3. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

There seems to be the odd stud over east that do stand pinto stb
    Flying Jaguar stands at Mahogany stud in Vic, maybe ring them and see if they have anything for sale or if they do AI
    I think Out Of Nowhere was exported to Europe

4. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Yep Mudslide is right Out Of Nowhere is now in Ireland. Google Skewbald Standardbred and you will find what you are looking for. Most breeders are over East.
    Goodluck :)

5. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Thanks Gaia, I couldnt remember if it was Ireland, so thought Europe covered it best :)

6. glam

glam New Member

Hi
    There are few stallions mostly inVic.
    command a dance in NSW
    Maxium effect
    flyingjaguar
    snowtime adios
    rorshach- semen only

I dont think any of them have the double gene and throw 100% color like medicine dance did. stud rates are quite good but so much to transport a horse from qld to vic and back again......... but a coloured standie would be lovely also they are mostly quite small command a dance is only 14.3 maxuim effect just makes 15hh I think.

if you after a youngin go to www.skewbaldracingstables.com based in QLD but they have some yearlings etc for sale

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. katelol

katelol Guest

I think Second Chance have a coloured standy mare available at the moment for adoption. She looks lovely in the newsletter picture :)*

8. xyzabc

xyzabc New Member

one possibility

If you are still looking for a pied Standardbred stallion, here's a possibility. The best of them was Rorschach. He was sold o/s a few years ago, then got kicked by a mare last year and put down.

However I hear the Qld ex-owners still have (or had) 60 straws of frozen semen, which is not approved for export. I say that because I know of someone in NZ who was interested but can't get access because of the export ban.

I found this site:
    WW Skewbald Racing Stables

The page is dated 2008 but it might be worth asking them anyways. I made an enquiry to them earlier this year about a stallion and was not told about the frozen semen so maybe it's all gone or they are keeping it for themselves.

But if you are willing to AI, it is a possibility to enquire about.