Philippe Karl (Classical Dressage) is coming to Perth!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by CDA, Oct 20, 2010.

1. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

The Master himself is coming to Perth and will be at Brookleigh from 29th Nov - 2nd Dec 2010.

Come and watch, listen and ask questions!

Philippe is truly inspirational; he works with all levels of horse and rider, achieving harmony, lightness and happiness.

Come and see for yourself this refreshing way of training a horse and rider.

You MUST be registered to attend as a spectator, and spectators who attend the entire course will receive a certification from Philippe Karl.

All spectators are encouraged to watch all four days, as well as attend the theory/question evenings throughout the clinic.

PM me for more details :))

P.S

We are also seeking expressions of interest in an intimate discussion/demonstration evening after the clinic.... again, PM me if you think you may want to be part of this and/or watch this :)*

2. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

Has anyone on stockies registered as a spectator yet?

3. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

bumpity bump!!!!!!

4. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

I would but doesn't it cost $100 just to spectate???

5. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

I would, as I am down there that weekend anyway, but does it really cost that much? How do they stop people, like me, who are there for a different clinic from watching?

6. Cornflower

Cornflower Well-known Member

I will go to one of the days, but only because it's going to be half Chrissy present, half my own money. Otherwise no way.

It's a real pity, because he's advertised as such a great horseman etc, etc, etc and then it's made so expensive that most poeple can't afford it. Kinda defeats the purpose.
    And no mention even of a discount for attending multiple days.
    Don't get me wrong, i love classical dressage, and i think PK is excellent. But sorry, the spectator price is too much.

P.S - does the evening demo cost anything?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. sil

sil Gold Member

I wanted to go but I have a sales conference at the same time - over east!

8. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

the Spectator fee is set by Philippe himself - this is what they pay everywhere else in the world, but I know it is expensive :(

hey, my 4 lessons are costing $2k :)

There will be someone checking tickets of spectators and ticking names off as Philippe likes to keep in contact with spectators and record who is there to get the certification at the end of the course.

9. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

Just spoke to organiser.....

She is speaking to PK tonight re fees for spectators.... WATCH THIS SPACE....

if you PM me I can keep your details and should there be a reduction in fees, I will let you know ;)

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I will just go watch his demo at Equitana instead :)

11. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Me too Mirawee. :D

I got the email re this clinic a while ago and seriously thought about going to spectate until I saw the fees. ';' I am not really into "dressage" but am open minded to the best of all disciplines and hence was curious about the "classical" stuff. For people that don't make a living from horse related work, the cost of a clinic like this (though probably valuable) is possibly out of reach for the average rider wanting to improve their skills/knowledge. :))

12. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

you will learn SO MUCH from watching him teach the same riders over 4 days.

The two ladies he will be teaching at Equitana will have only had a lesson with him twice.

You will not be able to ask him questions during his demo at Equitana.......you will at his clinic. You will also get 4 hours of crucial theory as a paid spectator.

As I said... watch this space for a possible reduction in the spectator fee.....

Philippe's philosophy is not just 'dressage' it is horsemanship and jumping too.

13. Hawke

Hawke New Member

Holy CRAP that is expensive and then you say he spends part of your lesson taking questions from the audience, that is seriously double dipping :mad:

14. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

doesnt Spend a dedicated part of the lesson, but if you have a query, he will try to clarify things for you!

money WELL spent ;)

I see it like this: instead of spending $50 -$70 per week on a lesson from a local instructor, I get some intensive learning with a master.

PK only teaches a handful of people around the world... for me it is worth it! I am also flying to Melbourne to watch the other clinic - why? I want to learn!

15. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Fair enough CDA.

I would too have been interested, but definitely not at that price, just not justifiable for ME (and I'm sure many others).

$2000 for 4 lessons :eek: jeebus, wouldn't want to know how much your teacher education is costing!!

It's a shame, as he is teaching/preaching a different approach to what many others do, so he should be trying to get maximum interest over here to promote his cause. He would probably get more interest and support if it wasn't so unachievable for those who AREN'T already dedicated to this method. :}

16. crave

crave Well-known Member

Yep I was interested too, but after just buying a new saddle...$400 to spectate is too much. I really enjoyed his last visit here though :)

17. sil

sil Gold Member

An amazing opportunity for people to learn from a master; and it's going to be really exciting to know we will be able to learn from students of Phillipe Karl in the future :)

18. valdez

valdez Well-known Member

Same as above, i would love to go and watch for all 4 days but not at that price!!!! especially since i would have to add daycare cost on top. Just not do-able for most people unfortunately.

19. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

As I said guys, watch this space regarding spectator fees.

20. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

ooo but you get a certificate!!! (what does that prove LOL esp a spectator attendance certificate LOL).

I will read his books, watch his DVDs (which i can do over and over again to get better value for money), but i can not warrent that kind of money! It would want to be 6 times better than my normal coach LOLOL. Even "master" german coaches that come over dont charge $500 a lesson + spectator fees. I have been lucky enough to sit in on lessons from some of the top riders/coaches for free and learn heaps :).