Pet Hair Vacume that ACTUALLY Works???

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Noah, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

As I run about the place with my trusty Dyson, Turbo brush attached, I am endlessly frustrated at the hair from my 2 gorgeous dogs and 3 furry cats that is left behind, despite my constantly going over, and over, and over and frigging OVER the carpets and rugs!!!

There must be an awesome vacume cleaner out there that actually gets the hair off the carpet! There must be!

Do you know of one???:cry:

kpacheo likes this.
  2. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

Miele Cat and Dog (yep that's the name!) - the BEST ever!!!!
    I have 5 grotty kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats and live on a property with lovely dark red soils and this vacuum is the BOMB!
    I bought mine about 5 years ago, have used and abused it ever since and it is still a world beater, hope they still make them!
    Oh and they are a traditional bagged, pull along type but who cares when they work this well :D

3. South Boulder Boy

South Boulder Boy Well-known Member

Oh I've never had a problem with the dyson and love it. Definitely my favourite vacuum

My second choice though is the v12 vax. It comes with special heads that just dig up all hair from carpets and it's so incredibly powerful. Added bonus is its a washer too so you can put on the attachments and wash everything and anything (carpet, mattresses, blinds etc) or when using as an everyday vacuum you don't have to worry about sucking up wet things, can just vacuum over puddles nothing bothers it. Mines years and years old now and I refuse to part with it because it's such a good vacuum.

4. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

Second the Miele Cat n Dog. We have one and it works great. Mine came with a little roller head as an extra and that is perfect for clearing dog/horse/people hair off couches and car seats too.

5. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

Miele for sure! I don't have the cat and dog one but I paid extra for the turbo head attachment. We have a border collie and a border collie x as well as two small boys and I never have a prob with dog hair. Meiles are a great vaccume .

6. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

We just bought the Miele Cat & Dog after extensive research - good to hear that other Stockies are having great success with them :)*

We don't even have animals yet haha! This is us just being prepared for when we finally get a puppy :p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

Sounds interesting! How much does that Miele cost?

So when you get down on your knees after vacuuming, are all the hairs really gone?

8. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

As far as I can see they are gone Noah!! Baby's can even do the 'rub face into the ground' when practicing tummy time without any hair in their mouth! They really are awesome!

9. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

Well that does sound fabulous! Nothing worse than putting so much effort in daily & knowing there is heaps left behind.

I read some reviews and someone mentioned the bags being expensive & that they found cheaper ones on ebay. Does anyone here do that for their Miele or is there a cheaper place to get the bags?

10. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

You can get cheaper bags, I get mine from the local vacuum shop, they are star bags and I think they are $12 for 5 bags but I'm in Victoria so that prob doesn't help!!

11. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

12. I have just bought a Shark Navigator vac for $399 inc a Shark steam mop.
    I am totally impressed!**) With 4 cats ( 2 of them are ragdolls:eek:) , 3 chihuahuas and 2 kelpies that come inside for the night, keeping the house clean wasn't easy. I had Vax but I don't think it is nearly as good as a Shark. I don't have to worry about buying bags, etc. Absolutely zero maintenance.
    I am very happy:)

13. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

DONT buy a Pet Vax. I have one..... :p that is all the advice I can offer haha!

14. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

I have a Meile Cat & Dog and its well worht the money! I buy the cheaper bags too :)

15. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

Well it sounds like that Miele gets the most votes!
    Perhaps I will roll my fur covered hallway rug up and take it into the store with me and challenge them to find me the vacuum that gets all the hair off!:lol:

16. kpacheo

kpacheo New Member

Hey noah :),
    Hope you are doing good.
    In my opinion a vacuum cleaner is good at sucking animal hair if it has a strong suction pump is light weight and easy to carry around the house.It should have a long cord so that you can clean hard to reach surfaces.Additional attachments like brushes and crevices tool also help in further cleaning.There are many on-line websites that offer a genuine reviews about the products so that you can take a wise decision like:

1)https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/shopping/dyson-v6-stick-vacuum-review/
    2)http://www.canistervacuumreview.com/
    3)http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...acuum-cleaners-for-carpets-and-rugs/index.htm

Talking about me,currently i am using Bissell zing bagless canister vacuum and it is really good at picking up animal hair. I have two german shepherds at home and i know its really difficult to deal with animal hair.Specially when they keep on moving here and there in the house whole day.
    [​IMG]
    Also keep in mind that your vacuum cleaner should not get clogged easily when you are cleaning the carpet and rugs containing animal hair.

Regards Kathy.(y)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016