Perth Royal show, Standardbred class question??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by xhorsesx, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Gaia - can you confirm that i HAVE to be a member of SPPHAWA to compete?

2. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Heifer.....

:)

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

so thats a no? lol

4. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Ooops sorry Heif. The RAS will send a list of entries to the committee secretary confirm memberships. All the above is saying is that if you don't hold their paperwork (race papers) then SPPHAWA rego is enough.:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  5. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

that sucks. they royal show society needs to reconsider some of these rules. Im not going now too expensive and too much effort for one little show

6. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

Heiffer, I think it means you can enter the Royal without being a member of the SPRWAYMCA......? As long as Mr Buckley was registered to race that is. It just says that use can use SPAWAYMCA if he WASN't registered to race (eg where Gaia has a pinto standie that was bred to show and will never see a track). Thats how I read it anyway?

It dosn't even say you need to be a current finacial member of SPPHYMC if you use that regisration:confused:

It'd be a shame if you didn't compete :(

7. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

dont think i can justify spending my fuel money for getting to work next week (havent had pay from new job yet so getting a little broke!) just to buck around the ring... especially as i guess id have to clip him again before then. but if i dont have to join SPGHRKWOFICP then maybe i'll do it... have to get entries in tomorrow eh..... feeling uninspired

8. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

Heiffer if you can scrape the $ together please get your entries off tomorrow.

I know showing isn't your fav thing but I think you might regret it later if you don't go. You're extreemly dedicated and put a lot of effort into your riding and horses education.

Mr Buckley deserves to be given the chance of a lap of honour in front of the crowd at the Royal with a Champion ribbon around his neck (Just don't gallop flat tack and over take the steward if you do actually get this opportunity!*#) )

9. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

not having a great run at the moment... but i guess i have time. ill see who i can sponge some money off and if i can get some ill enter... maybe... if my horse isnt retired by then

10. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Pleeaaassee go Heif!

11. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Sorry I alway laugh my head off when you call it YMCA (watched too much Village People) :D

12. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

MC all standies must be registered with RAWA(i think it is) even jackies ash is reg with them even tho he wasnt bred to race. SPPHAWA will only let stbs reg with RAWA reg with them and compete. the SPPHAWA is only a proper reg for partbreds

13. kp

kp Well-known Member

If anyone has any questions regarding what classes to compete in at the royal, or if membership is required. The easiest, quickest and most accurate way to receive these answers is to contact the committee these qusetions concern directly. I'm sure the members of the committee will only be too happy to answer these questions.

14. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

Maybe E-mail the breed section co-ordinator at the Royal with any questions: Tara Della Bosca, tdellabosca@raswa.org.au I did & she seemed really helpful.

x

15. madcow

madcow Guest

Ah I see**)

Sorrel- All those letters give me the giggles every time*#)

Yep, better just to ring the RAS with any questions about the Royal. I did this year just to confirm I didn't need to be a member for the WB's. Tara is very helpfull.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008
  16. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I have no idea how you showies keep up with all the rules and regulations and what you do and don't have to be registered with.

Too complicated for my little pea brain. Even joining the EFA was a big deal for me!

17. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

This morning at work i read the book and didnt find any mention of having to be a member of a club so i entered (also remembered that i had a travellors cheque i hadnt cashed from my trip last year so that can pay my fuel next week). Now just to have a sound well behaved horse.....