Perth Royal show, Standardbred class question??

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by xhorsesx, Jun 16, 2008.

1. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

hi, my daughter is entering the Royal show this year & i'm in the process of filling out her entry form (yes I know it has to be in by Friday!).

She only wants to enter the 'ridden standardbred class' (not halter classes). I am right in thinking the only ridden class for her is 217 - Ridden mare/stallion or gelding?

Is Class 210 - Best presented, ridden or halter? Or class 212? :confused:

Thank you for any advice

x x

2. madcow

madcow Guest

I'm pretty sure she'll need to enter the relevant age/mare/geld/stallion etc halter class to be eligble to compete in the ridden.

I havn't got a prog infront of me though

3. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Yes she must enter and compete in the "halter programe" to be eligable to ride in her ridden class. Best presented ( class 210 ) is halter but she would also need to do her mare/geld/stallion class before riding. Hope this helps your q.
    :D

4. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

do you have to be a member of SPPHAWA to do stbred at royal?

5. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Quote " No standardbred Horse shall compete unless it is registered with the Australian Harness Racing Council. Exhibitors may use a SPPHAWA Inc. Show registration if they do not hold the original paperwork ";)

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Heifer, I am fairly certain that you do need to be a financial member of the sbred society (blow that long acronymn) to enter.

7. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

he's rego'd but i was considering not rejoining next season, but i do want to do the Royal...

8. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Heifer i think you just need his rego card (but i could be wrong here lol) as he will be life registered with the SPPHWA (so i found out lately lol).

9. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I think that the Royal checks to make sure that individuals are financial members of their respective breed societies.
    We took Rani to the Royal with Sbreds for 8 (?) years and I always remember the membership being paid so that we could compete.

10. madcow

madcow Guest

Not all breeds sections require you to be a finacial member of the relevant breed society. For eg TB's, Arabian Derivs, WB's etc you don't need to be a finacial member.

I'm not sure with the STB's but the registration and membership requirements will be listed in the schedule before the list of classes.

11. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

Standardbreds...

yea I read the Royal show schedule & it says 'No Standardbred shall compete unless it is registered with the Australian Harness Racing Council. Exhibitors may use a SPPHAWA Inc Show Registration if they do not hold the original paperwork.'

But i'm stil confused as to what halter class she should compete in to be elegible to participate in the ridden class at the Royal? Best presented class 210 & or class 212 Mare or both? :confused:

xx

12. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

i think the horse and owner must be reg and financial with spphawa to compete.

xhorsex sorry i dont have the program and have never entered royal before, so i cant help with class numbers, pm gaia she might be able to help with class numbers etc

13. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

She has to do her mare class. The best presented is optional so class 212 is what you want. :)

14. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

Thanx so much, its Joylyns mum here....x

15. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I thought so :) You should do the halter class with her anyway as last year she was reserve mare and the year before she was Champion :)

16. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

I think she should also go in the halter class too x, but Mimi doesnt want to get all dressed up for the halter class (& change the habit of a lifetime!). What are juniors expected to wear in the halter classes? Would it cost me a fortune?? LOL

x

17. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

She can just wear pants and a nice shirt if she wants. Hat, gloves, jacket,whips are all optional. Up to you really how far or not you want to go.:)

18. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

ok thanx...i'll try & persuade her, & I think she needs some halter lessons too :)

x

19. xhorsesx

xhorsesx New Member

Gaia,

Do you have any idea where the disclaimer is? as we cant seem to find it and are sending off our entry forms in a minute.

Thankyou so much :)

20. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

If you dont want to spend any more $$$, just get her to wear her full hacking attire. Johds, jacket, shirt, tie, boots, hat etc. It is very acceptable.