permission.

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Kateee, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Kateee

Kateee Guest

hi everyone, i was just looking through the forum and wanted to see someones other/previous posts, and then i clicked on their name and clicked view other posts or whatever its called lol , and it said i don't have permission, happening to anyone else??

also, when i click logout, it logs me out, but it takes me to a page saying "All Cookies Cleared". same again,anyone else?

:confused:

2. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Some areas can only be viewed/used by mods and admin Katee thats why you will be getting the error message.

3. Kateee

Kateee Guest

hmm, ok thanks heaps mod 3. does anyone else know why it says all cookies cleared when i log out. ?

4. Shane

Shane Super Moderator

Your web bowser uses "cookies" to simply keep track of information entered into a website. Having said that, cookies are temporarily stored in your browsers memory and may cause your browser to run more slowly. So when you no longer need cookies (logging out), they are simply deleted!

**)

5. Cadabby

Cadabby Well-known Member

I'm not able to access "Today's Posts" under the Quick Links menu or look at posts made by a particular member. Surely these aren't things that only a moderator can look at? Otherwise, why have these functions on the website if only a select few can use them?

When I do try to access these functions, it tells me I do not have permission and that perhaps my account is waiting to be activated or admin have removed that permission from my account. I've always been able to access these functions on other forums so I'm confused about why I can't on this one.:confused:

6. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

As the search function is currently disabled for all members, it also affects the today's posts and new posts button.
    That's why you would be getting a permission error.

7. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

I never knew there was such a thing as a 'super moderator', (Hi Shane) and I thought ALL cookies were for eating.

Now I know!:)* Learn something new everyday.**)