Peel ODE?

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lauren, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

*#) Glad to help let everyone know who James is hahahaha.
    I'll be walking it with James + others :)

2. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I'm hoping to come down to watch tomorrow. Won't be hard to find James, it will be a case of "can't see the photographer for the young girls on horses" **)

3. Katt13

Katt13 Well-known Member

ay was there any compulsory flags in d grade??? hahah after reading the thread i got worried? :)

4. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

no there woz no comp flags

omg the e grade jump near the water looks so good!!! there are some great jumps

i'm so scared hahah and the show jumps! did anyone get a shock with all the improvements?!?!? and the c grade bank looks pretty snazzy hahah;)

5. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

okayyy I have been out all day sooo
    I havnt walked my course, havent washed and plaited up yet and havent got any of my stuff together yet...off to run around like a crazy person and get ready!!!

6. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Finally washed & plaited.
    Gah, so tired! Hope tomorrow goes well.. :/

7. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

I thought the C grade course was really nice, very inviting jumps and nothing too scary. Do many pc courses have that many jumps though? I've just never seen that many in a lower grade course. I saw you Lauren but was too shy to say hello haha

8. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Really? Lol.. was I whinging about the course length? hahaha
    I said it was very long.. 1.8km isn't it?

9. katers93

Mine was 2 something, I don't think you were whinging haha. I must have been so slow we got passed by so many people you were way behind us and ended up passing us, maybe just cause the C was longer and I didn't know where I was going :D

10. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Katers you should have come said hello.. I was walking with Lauren, promise we wouldn't bite:p

Just got home as well.. pony all washed and plaited. Put him in the paddock and then we had a huge down pour:mad: Hope he is at least a little clean for tommorrow..

Looking forward to it. He was full of beans today- so our dressage will be interesting.

11. katers93

oh haha you would have seen me, we pretty much walked a few of the jumps together except I was on a different line. I'm such a coward haha but I was concentrating too trying to remember where all my 21 jumps were :D

12. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Sorry I didn't see you... Lauren and I were too busy chatting...umm I mean concentrating. We were so busy talking that we walked over jumped 13 and then when we got further down the track thought we had missed jumped 13!!

Lucky we are walking it tommorrow.. 21 jumps.. we only have 17, thats enough for me to remember.:p

13. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

is our course easy to follow?
    I'm only going to get the time to walk it once tomorrow, haha

14. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

i have to walk with dad again tomorrow i saw jgp lauren and leon leaving as we rocked with the dressage arena!! im so scared bahahah

15. katers93

Yeah I think it would be pretty hard to get lost the track is pretty easy to follow since there are a lot of jumps but not a huge distance so not much time to get confused between jumps :D

16. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Hey TP.. sorry didn't know which one you were at the dressage arena.. come up and introduce yourself if you have time tommorrow.. always good to know more people in the eventing scene. I have only just got back into it this year and already seen the same people at each event, always nice and friendly and willing to help.. a great environment. What grade are you doing?

17. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Whoops forgot- we are walking it again tommorrow so come along with us:D

18. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Come say hi :) I don't bite haha.
    Riding a grey mare, in Murray uniform.. PCAWA E grade, hoping for a clear xc run, a clear sj round & a dressage score under 70.. :p
    Now watch everything go wrong tomorrow LOL

19. katers93

Forgot to ask what you guys thought of the course? Interested to see how it compares to other places I've only been to like Wallangarra/Brookleigh and home grounds at Kelmscott I don't get out much this year :p
    I came to say hi to you tamryn and you walked off with your mum haha then I had to leave cause I saw my dad drive straight past the club from the road :D

20. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I think it's.. alright.
    I don't not like it, however doesn't compare to beautiful courses like Log Fence & Serpy..
    Pretty much reminds me of Baldivis.
    Seemed to be a bit boggy in some parts and I know a few parts the ground is very uneven and i'm sure my unco pony will probally stack it tomorrow. Also I don't actually like bluemetal arenas or whatever they are called.. But suppose better than a boggy sand arena.