Pasture management

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by PsoasPony, Jan 30, 2014.

1. PsoasPony

PsoasPony Guest

I need some help with pasture management. Please educate me! I have 3 paddocks I wish to do. 1 paddock is sand, and hardly grows much grass (minimal weeds), the second is a mixture of weeds, sand and grass (depending on the time of year). The other is weed-central with minimum grass, which I keep like that as the horses use it to run in rather than graze (this is my biggest paddock).

Help? Where do I start!

2. Blackbat

Blackbat Well-known Member

You can educate yourself, on horse property planning, sustainable horse keeping and pasture management with information specific to Perth coastal conditions, for free, by attending the workshops run through Great Gardens crew (oreviously Landcare before funding was slashed). Heavenly Hectares half day workshops, property planning day courses, check out their calendar and book yourself in.

3. PsoasPony

PsoasPony Guest

Thank you Blackbat :) I will contact them.

4. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

I have done a few with Heavenly Hectares and they are awesome. I learnt so much!

5. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

Peter Andrews has a book called 'Back from the Brink'. Excellent read for anyone wanting to do something positive with soil, growing food etc.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

6. SueC

SueC New Member