Parelli

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by potato, Dec 8, 2003.

1. potato

potato New Member

Hi everyone! In equitana we bought the Partnership Parelli level one set...and now i've started working with my horse! Shes getting heaps better in only about 4 sessions and I'm really pleased! Does anyone else do Parelli?

2. Veronika

Veronika Active Member

i'm working on my level 2 - well, sort of. I'm doing more of the Australian Natural Horsemanship, which is similar but i'm getting more out of.
    I really recommend that you do some classes, too. Not just the pack. Louise is the only parelli instructor in WA (i think). I do recommend her. There are some areas of the pack that aren't really well explained, or problems that aren't dealt with. To stay safe, i would really recommend that you do some classes.
    If you ever have the chance, I really recommend Ken Faulkner or Jayne Lavender for something a bit different. I just got more out of them. Ken has a great way of explaining things. It wasn't until I did a camp with him that I realized the point behind the games and how to make them effective for my riding. Like using the sideways game for asking for vertical, lateral flexion!
    Have fun and if it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Always stay safe.

3. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I've done a jayne lavender clinic - she is very nice and explains things very well

Nikiwink

4. potato

potato New Member

hi, jayne used to live in the house on our property!! shes really nice and explains everything sooo clearly. Do you go to the saturday morning group lessons? they r meant 2 be really fun apparently

5. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Hey Suzie03....i have heard you mention before that you live in Oldbury...and now the house on your property. Your street doesn't start with 'L' does it and the little house on the property is 2 storey......may sound strange, but you might have bought my old property, which my dad rebuilt himself. Just a thought.

email me if you don't want to talk here, netneeb@hotmail.com

*sorry for the hyjack of topic*

6. potato

potato New Member

lol no sorry. We live in de haer road, the house is one storey and we have met the old owners who used to be an ex-racing family! If you did live in Oldbury did you go to Peel metro h & pc??

7. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Oh well, just a thought. Nar, I went to Serpy H & PC. But i have ridden at Peel a few times.

8. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

I don't really call myself a "parelli person" (due to all the negative connotations it seems to conjure) but my horse responds in amazing ways to natural horsemanship and lessons with Louise Atkinson changed our relationship forever (i know that sounds corny) Its great to do it yourself but make sure you have a few lessons with Louise when she starts teaching again (she is injured at the moment) as it is the kind of thing where you need a bit of guidance along the way!!!

9. potato

potato New Member

Zahira, what was peel like when you rode there? Big or small numbers?? I know the club has had alot of increasinng and decreasing in enrolements in the past...

10. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

They were very small and never held events (apart from the odd SJ day or games). I was in their first ODE when they made a new X-C (that passed the PCAWA standards). Now that was a while ago. hahahaha.

11. kt

kt Active Member

hey Tam were u at the Parelli Xmas party at the SEC on sat night? they all seemed to be all Louise Atkinson's students

~~~~kt~~~~

12. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Is Louise Atkinson across the road from the SEC?

~When all else fails and there is no one else around, hug yourself~

13. Veronika

Veronika Active Member

I think Louise is pretty much the only Parelli instructor left in WA. We use to have quite a few like the Watsons at Margaret River and Jayne but they've branched into their own styles. There are visiting instructors every now and then...
    From talking to some ex-PNHers, they usually change because they no longer like the money making philosophy that gets infused into the PNH. I think to remain a PNH instructor you have to go over to the states every year which can run into serious cash. That's why the lessons have to cost so much.
    I would strongly recommend that you do some lessons with an instructor, though. Some of the instructions in the booklets are a bit fuzzy and if you want to go further, then you need to get your basics right. It's so easy to pull on them without meaning to, by simply having a bent elbow when yielding them or not having the right seat for the backup. Stuff like that, that can only be fixed by having lessons. Been there, done that, and still paying for it.

14. potato

potato New Member

sorry 2 get off the topic but Zahira you should come along to the next peel show, see how different it is now. Next year we are running our first official ode in a long long time!! yay

15. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

I will check my events calendar...what date is it & heights does it go up to? Unfortunately if it clashes with something i have already marked down, i wont be able to come.....But might come down for another event one day and see the old place, lol.

16. potato

potato New Member

Are you at pony club still? I think the one we are running is just for pcawa members but im not sure yet. The heights are 18, 2ft and 3ft. We r also having lots of hacking/dressage/jumping days if u wanan come

17. Em

Em Well-known Member

Just a note to say now in a French Riding Acadamy it is compulsory for students to of completed at least level 2 in the Parelli system. Pat has also just finished a demonstration for the Queen I believe they will be using the training system in the royal stables, I really think it may become a real way of riding in the future

Em

18. Chilcotin

Chilcotin Guest

Yeah, but they're French. [​IMG]

Hey, maybe that's why Monty is coming to Oz! If the Queen really has ditched him for the P person, he may be coming down here to bolster the republican movement to get even. Boy, that'll teach her. [bigggrin]

cheers

Grant Walske
    "Towards Partnership with the horse"
    www.chilcotin.com.au

19. sil

sil Gold Member

Just becuase it's overseas doesn't qualify it automatically as a good academy, nor should we forget that there are plenty of excellent horse trainers and 'techniques' right here.

~ Do as much as it takes, do as little as it takes. ~

20. Chilcotin

Chilcotin Guest

We tend, here in Oz to suffer what I suspect is related to or a result of the 'tyranny of distance" thing and that is, "If it comes from far away and costs a lot of money, it must be good."

Canadians used to suffer a similar attitude in that if it was made in Canada, it was not as good as what was on offer across the border. Maybe they still do, I don't know. Haven't been there in a long time. Something like 80% of Canadian business is controlled by US interests anyway.

I guess we should work on keeping an open mind and pick the eyes out of things and get the best of whatever is on offer from wherever.

On that deep note, I will bid you all bonne soir, as they say at the French riding academy....and in Quebec too.

Grant Walske
    "Towards Partnership with the horse"
    www.chilcotin.com.au