Parelli program

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Iron Bark, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Iron Bark

Iron Bark New Member

Does anyone here have ventured into the Parelli program what do you think about it

I once asked my daughter previous instructor, he shrugged his shoulders and said its just another method ';'

2. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

It's ok but not everyone's cup of tea. Just another way of training horses that you can use to build the complete training package that works for you.**)

cheers

3. Jemima

Jemima Active Member

I use a few of the seven games but am not a fan past that.

4. Kodas Karen

Kodas Karen New Member

I'm a home study Parelli student and LOVE it! I can never go back to doing what I was doing before and the magic I was chasing in my horsemanship that wasn't there before is now with me and my horses on a daily basis. I LOVE that my horses come running up to me when I call them. I never have to catch my horses. I love that Parelli taught me what was important to horses. I knew what was important to ME about horses, but the psychology I learnt is priceless. There is so much to learn and I personally really enjoy learning this stuff. And I could learn it at my own pace.

If you want a bond and a relationship - go for it. If you don't care for that so much, don't waste your money or your time.

Hope this helps!

5. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

For me i find the "seven games" or my version of them useful and as a minimum i think all equestrians should understand the principles.

But as said it is just another method and a well marketed one at that.

Go for it learn all about it and then use your own judgement and take what works for you. Don't get stuck in the one method as the be and end all as i can guarantee you you will find a horse one day that it won't work for.