Paperwork needed for TB entry in Royal Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by morris, Jun 15, 2008.

  1. morris

    morris Active Member

    I have been putting in my entry to the royal show, and realized that I'm not sure what sort of paper work I need, or where to get it. I have a tb, and I didn't even know there was a breed society!
    Also, do I need a stable for Friday night to compete Saturday, or do I arrive Saturday?
  2. simbin

    simbin Gold Member

    You can get Tb registration papers for your horse from the stud book. That is all you need. There isnt a separate breed association from the stud book for thoroughbreds.
  3. morris

    morris Active Member

    Thank heavens for that! It really put me into a panic! How do I get the papers from the studbook- is a print out from the internet acceptable?
    Thankyou!:) :)
  4. simbin

    simbin Gold Member

    In the past I have done both. It really depends when your class is on. The fireworks can be of putting for horses not used to that type of noise as you can imagine!! :D
  5. simbin

    simbin Gold Member

    it is quite expensive. $110 to replace papers and I dont think they would just email you a copy. In the past I have been to breed shows and have never been asked for them so have never purchased new ones. If there is a problem they can usually tell from the brand that it is a registered thoroughbred.
  6. simbin

    simbin Gold Member

    Well I have never been asked lol.
  7. Elanda

    Elanda Gold Member

    You have to send breed papers in with your entries for the Royal, you don't for most Breed Shows:)
  8. Lokenzo

    Lokenzo Gold Member

    I spoke to Tara about my TB's entries, a print off the website was fine and she told me not to worry about getting the copy of papers through the studbook that cost $50. Will let you know if I hear anything contradicting this week but at this stage I have saved the $50.
  9. morris

    morris Active Member

    Thankyou! What a relief!

    I didn't think I'd left it so late, but I didn't realize I needed papers etc!

    How do I find out what time my class is on? I really dont want Lady in a box if there are fireworks! Are the fireworks Friday or Saturday night?

    Also, and this probably seems a silly question, but my horse is registered with the EFA under one name, with the thoroughbred people under another, and I've been competing her just with her stable name...which name do I use on the papers?

  10. Bubbles

    Bubbles Well-known Member

    You can just use a print out off of the internet, that is all I have used for mine for the last couple of years.

    And for name, for the TB classes you have to use her registered ASB name (race name).
  11. madcow

    madcow Guest

    As Bubbles mentioned you must use her registered race name.

    You can easily print off a copy of her certificate off the ASB which is what I normally do even though I have papers. Make sure you take a copy of the certificate with you to the show. Sometimes they ask for it when they do the check measuring to make sure they're measuring the right horse;) Also if you get pulled up for swabbing the vet will need them to ID the horse etc.

    If you have a TB new to showing I'd go in the morning of the classes to avoid as much stress as possible to the horse.
  12. madcow

    madcow Guest

    Identification certificate- click on the horses name for the drop down menu to select it.

    *edited* oops too slow again

    I think as long as all the brands and markings match etc it's proof enough for them? I've paid the $50 a few times before I worked out you could just use the one off the internet!LOL
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008
  13. morris

    morris Active Member

    Found it! Thankyou!:)

Share This Page