Palomino or going Grey?

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by Remaani, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Born with pink skin, no grey goggles etc.

Skin now black, still no goggles & coat underneath is very dark, still not grey.
    I believe he'll stay Pali, as do several others, but then other's have said going grey?

What's everything think? (i don't care either way, as i love his mum's colour!) I should of chucked in a hair sample of his as just sent off a couple of samples to colour test before Xmas LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I would have said palomino :)

Although what colour are is eye lashes in the last photo - that is the only thing that would make me suspect grey.

He is too pretty to be a boy though :D

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I know - was meant to be a filly, didn't matter what colour LOL.
    Dam is waiting on a preg test so fingers crossed it's a filly this time LOL.

Can't see eyelashes in the last pic, only tiny reflection from the camera but i need to get better pics today, those were taken about 6pm yesty, bad lighting LOL.
    Thanks.

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Are the last two photos taken at the same time?

Just in the last one I can't tell if the whiteness of his eyelashes is just a reflection. If the one above is same day (or later) then definitely pally from me :)

If he was going to be a few hands bigger he could come and live here :D

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yep last 2 taken yesty same time.
    Just snuck out & took a couple more, better light. Will update shortly.

LOL, a few people have said that - "not tall enough", lol.

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well he is a pony :D What should he end up? Around 12.2-13hh?

7. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

I would have snapped him up if he was going to mature over 16hands...he's one lovely boy with stunning markings and the BONUS is being a palomino, so hope he stays that colour :)

8. Remaani

Remaani Guest

LOL well with dad 11.3hh & mum 13.2hh - no 16hh's sadly TS.

Though i reckon him around that height would be fantastic!

9. minimo

minimo Active Member

I say Palli..... One powerball Kylie and Ice and Music will be mine.....
    (I can dream can't I)

10. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I'd take him too if he had some growth stimulant :)

11. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I say Pally...:)

12. Remaani

Remaani Guest

These are what i took nearly 2 hrs ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's MUCH too hard getting pics of him, he's in your face & don't keep still, lol. :)

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I'm still sticking with Pali though local horsey friend still swears Grey, sent the last 2 to her & she is saying Grey, Grey. Grey, lol.

I can't see it LOL.

14. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

definitely pally:)*

15. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Yep Palli from me also.

Pallies coat colour will usually mature to the colour of their eyelashes.

16. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

I think pally. You got the best possible colour from the cross, sucks about the dangly bits though! He's beautiful :)* And if I won lotto, he and Pheonix would be mine :D

17. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I just looked at pic's of gem at that age( with OH ) and although her (Gem's) nose area is not pink it is definately a light grey not anywhere near as dark and the gold hair goes all the way to the eyelids..... no dark areas at all coming through anywhere ... So now we are ??????? swaying to grey ... not that we are experts ...';'';'';'

18. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

Reckon paly. Pink skin at birth is generally indicative of that as 'grey' foals are often born with darker skin. Pity he has 4 white feet because dark feet are also a good indicator. However, time will tell :)* because there are always exceptions to every rule particularly when it comes to known colour genetics.

19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Thanks Tintara.
    I am happy to torture him now (wasn't when he was younger LOL) & pull some tail or mane hairs to test him.
    Will send the test off this Friday. **)

20. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Yes Remaani, let us know what the test comes back with so we dont have to guess!! hahahaha :p

I might just say I think grey so its different from everyone elses guess. Same as MMDs thread. lol. I like to be a little different *#)