Palomino filly

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by seedytoe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. seedytoe

seedytoe Well-known Member

My last foal was born 5.55 last evening. She seems to have some possible nerve damage and didn't stand till 6am today. Problem with her front legs, they just didn't want to work, still not right but she is starting to move forwards. I had to take milk from the mare hourly to feed foaly throughout the night and to see her stand this morning made that all worth while. Next step - getting her to feed off mum. Watched the birth and the mare sat up like a dog when foals head was coming out. I had trouble getting the mare to either stand up or lie down again, I am thinking that may have damaged a nerve at that time, maybe, maybe not. However with milk and rest she seems to be improving. Just hoping there will be no long term problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

just gorgeous
    congrats :D

3. She is so pretty! Fingers crossed she keeps on improving!:)

4. Brucey

Brucey New Member

Too cute!
    fingers crossed there is no lasting damage. They are pretty tough little things!:))

5. seedytoe

Little foal is coming along very well. After 2 nights with very little sleep(for me not foal!) I am happy to report that she has worked out where the self serve milk supply is. After drinking from a bottle I was beginning to think she might not take to the udder, but after a tip from an old timer she is now drinking happily from her mum.
    I have to add that this very patient mare put up with me attacking her udder with a modified syringe every 1 -2 hours and then the sticky mess of honey all over her nether regions, with never a flattened ear or threatening glance. Love her to bits.

[​IMG]

Taking advantage of the shade!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. That's a relief!**):)

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

So pleased for you seedytoe :D

8. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

Very very cute! Onwards and upwards from here!:)*

9. Brucey

Brucey New Member

Glad to read the little tacker is doing well now!
    :)

10. Thatest

Thatest New Member

Beautiful !!!
    She looks like she has a really nice head

11. seedytoe

hmmmm.... but lookit them thar ears... mini radar scanners :D
    must get some more recent pics