painted people

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by paintedhoney, Apr 23, 2008.

1. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

honey runs on a sniff of feed and i still think she is a little...ahhhummm... tubby... working on it though, cant seem to get rid of her crest...

2. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

My biggest problem is my girls are in a paddock together and so it's hard to feed one different to the other!! Flame is queen of the paddock so seems to always get her feed and Lulus! It's getting a bit lighter earlier now so maybe I can try ride Flame early and feed Lulu then. But when I look at her and I look at her as a whole, I almost can't believe that such an amazing horse is mine. I had to move the girls to a different place this morning (at 5am. ouch) and although it was only about 1km walk, Lulu is really sore atm from a big ride on the weekend (oops) so I basically let Flame go ahead and encouraged Lulu to follow. I really have two of the greatest horses!! Fingers crossed Lulu is better by tonight. Don't wanna have to take time off to get vet out!

3. Playin With Fire

ok I need some help. I need to get a new show halter (was only borrowing the one I used and I need help). Realistically I don't want to spend too much.
    Her old one looked like this (not a great photo of it sorry)

[​IMG]

Do I go tan?? Or stick to darker colour?? This is one I was looking at.

[​IMG]

Any help suggestions otherwise?? Thanks all

4. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

Personally, Id stick with the darker colours. ;)

5. Playin With Fire

Sigh, that's what I was thinking, I was hoping I'd have people say 'go for tan' cos that makes it easier!!
    Any suggestions on where to look??

6. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

Ebay USA!!! I just bought a new one for Lily, still waiting for it to arrive tho. I guess it does depend on your budget tho. Mine cost $350 including lead and shipping and I think thats reasonable!!! Im hoping this will be the last one I need to buy her, her yearling one I only paid $75 for, so was very happy with that.
    There are cheaper ones on ebay and dear ones. I guess you need to decide how much halter showing she will do and if you can warrant spending $$$. I think probably $400-$500 would have been my limit. Altho the one I wanted was $700 plus lead plus shipping, this one is almost identical. Just need to decide what you want and be patient until you find it!! :)

7. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

Ok now this is the halter I use for both the boys, slightly different sizes of course, but it is a nice simple halter that I think shows off the head nicely without being to bulky, I think Flame has a lovely face and would look very nice in this halter it is black with silver and very nicely modeled by Dakota and Bobby hehehehehe lol
    Now I should have fitted the halter better on Dakota it should actually be up higher and fit more snuggly into his throat, I hope you can understand what I mean

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bobbys halter is Cob size and Dakotas is Pony size I got both at Europa for $49.95 each then bought a pair of cheap black western spilt reins($10.00 on the bargain table) and the chains( are about $15.00) just make sure you have the halter with you as you will need to fit the chain through the halter rings so compared to what is available they are cheap but still nice. Hope that helps PWF maybe if we are the same show one day you could try one out on Flame

8. Playin With Fire

They look perfect cos she has a clunker head (love it though). I realistically wont be doin much more with her cos she is going to do the broodmare thing. But I would like to have one on hand as I will still do stuff when I can!!
    Halter looks great on both your boys GPB.

Thanks horsegirl for your help too!!

9. Playin With Fire

Thanks Flicka. She is my baby. I searched for ages for a horse (was looking for an eventer), but she kept coming back to me, so I went and had a look at her and was sold from day dot!!

10. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

naww flames soo pwetty! :)

11. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh not much help but i do like that halter pwf...

i am into dark leather, but thats lovely!!!

12. Playin With Fire

Thanks DB n K. I do like the halter but I am giantly into darker leather, always have been. GPB made me think I mite try Europa, I wont be using it much so seems pointless to invest a small fortune!!

13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

yeah the darker the leather the better i rekn :) i saw a lovely bridle today in the feed merchants my friend and i was like ooooh aaaahh LOL

( I may sneak back and buy it hehehehe)

14. Mouse

Mouse Well-known Member

The one on Manny (black & white) is an expensive one but the one on Indi I only payed $200 for and it is the nice cherry red colour.

[​IMG]

15. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

ok this is the halter i brought off ebay for $12 yes thats right, i did the job for a while but picky me brought another will find a pic of that one in a minute. I like the tan ones to but on honey it looked terrible, however Flame might look good in tan cause she is dark...

[​IMG]

cant resize sorry

my new one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Playin With Fire

$12 is awesome!! I might do the ebay hunt for a while. I think its one of those things that you really need to see it on (its like we are talking about clothes, I am more fussy about horse related things than I am for my own clothes).

I love that photo Mouse!! I have so many of Flame like that. I really struggled to keep Flame awake even in a class. She would cock a hip and doze right off. A pricked ear alert photo is as rare as hens teeth.

17. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Hey PWF,
    I just got Niki a new western halter off eBay and it cost me about $65 with postage. There are a few on there at the moment.

I got this one off eBay last year for my Hubby for his little filly Flame. Paid under $100 for it which was an absolute bargain. It has 24k gold plate on the conchos and chain and was imported from America. It cost the lady about $270. Flamey is slowly growing into it. Hubby wanted something a bit different and more cowboyish for his little girl :)

[​IMG]

18. Playin With Fire

Ur so lucky that he is doin it with you, means you can get away with buying a lot more!! Ur Flame is more blinged up in gold than what I am!!

19. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

just drooolin on happypaints halter pic there!!!

:D:D:D

that is a very nice halter there!!!

20. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Thanks guys :)*

YAYYYYYY 500th post for the Painted Peoples :D