painted people

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by paintedhoney, Apr 23, 2008.

1. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

i do!! bounce that is, found that out last week when i stacked off a very...spirited..... standie.....

took honey to the SEC on Tuesday for a .........swear word..... Dressage lesson, she was sooo dam good i nearly fell over!!! was piddling rain and windy to!!! i love my horse, cant wait til this royal is over so i can get back into my western, by the way i am not taking her to any more lopins until after the royal so if you want to bring a extra with you to the next one i will pull it around for you!! If not i will brush the dust off Jet and he can come

2. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

PH I know what you mean about surprising dressage talents! I took Flame hacking much to everyones disdain (I was told by a number of people not to bother taking a paint hacking). But she was amazing!! We were called in in every class and placed in them all (naturally winning the pleasure hack class). And I couldn't fault her she was sooo good. Way better than she is in western events. I think she prefers forward movement. Actually I know she much prefers flat chat gallop but shes not fit enough to pull that look off!!

3. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Hi all

i just popped on to have a squiz at ya gorgeous horses!!!

Im at the mo looking for a nice western style bridle for my boy (just to hack around in LOL), but do ya think i can find one.
    Years ago (when i was real little)the fella over the road had one, it had jewels and silver all over it talk about bling!!!

but its hard to find a similar one i think going by what i have seen mayby it was hand made :(

anyways must dash and totally gorgeous horses too :D :D

4. paintedhoney

try Northam feed and hire sweet, they have some nice cheap ones:)*

5. paintedhoney

i dont know the first thing about hacking, can you shed some light for me? what classes would i go in if i was to go to a unoffical show??

6. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Hey PWF@)
    :)* CONGRATULATIONS :)* on Reserve Champion Female Paint on the Virtual Show **) The results are up and quite a few Stockies had wins. (This is the Australia wide free virtual show not the Stockies one)

7. Playin With Fire

YAY
    i didn't even no! Was a horrible photo too! Will have to have a look. PH I entered Flame in everything!! She worked awesomely.
    [​IMG]

This is a dodgy photo but we really stood out!! I don't really have the right gear. Wore my brown boots n gaitors with a black saddle n my bridle is simple without a flash browband. But the way Flame was going they couldn't not call me in, colour wasn't enough to hold her back. It was heaps of fun!

8. Playin With Fire

Oh n Flame had the WORST pregnancy belly. Everyone kept asking if she was in foal, was kinda embarrassed to say 'no shes just fat' =) love it

9. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

That is one VERY nice mare you have there PWF....she is lovely:)

10. Playin With Fire

Thanks QHF I am about to go out n wash tails n rebag them. Flame's is just on the ground now finally!! Just needs to thicken out a bit more!! I left the bags off for a few days n she has trodden on a chunk of it. Serves me right really!!
    I love her to pieces. Nothing could make me get rid of her!!

11. paintedhoney

like what? i dunno what classes to even look for, i know i need unoffical but thats about it....

12. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

You should PWF, she is very nice- what breeding is she?

13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Thanks Painted honey :)

ive looked but im such a fussy pants i dont like the browbands that like v with the tie/tassle if that makes sense to ya :)

i did find a bridle in the latest hoofbeats but after picking meself up off the floor over the price LOL i couldnt find any info on it on the net...

14. Playin With Fire

DB- Landmark in Midvale on Farrell road. A gentleman by the name of John makes bridles, saddles etc. There are heaps of nice bridels ready made or he can make them for you, his prices are really reasonable and it's good quality leather not like the Indian Leather a lot of them seem to be these days! I have a work bridle that I got from there and it was def value for money!! He has an array of conshows (sp) etc that you can choose from. Oh and the most perfectly weighted reins, nice and thick so they don't swing too much when doing pleasure classes.

PH- There are rider classes (I don't generally bother, too many other really good riders and I don't have lessons so don't want my riding to be critically examined at a show!!).
    Height classes for your horse, which are purely based on your horses movement and carriage etc.
    Weight classes (horses not humans thank god) light, medium and heavy weight. Flame is medium weight (would you believe). Again its judged on the horse (yay).
    Pleasure class- very similar to pleasure hack in western. Flame went soooo fast but still managed to win (love that horse!!).

There are other classes but I can't think of them atm. Are you familiar with hacking at all? Like how you start off in a group riding around (like in western) and the judges select a group of horses out of these that they like. These horses then do a workout which can include trot (mostly rising) and canter circles and rein back.

It's not something I could do officially cos thats when it gets a little too serious to me but its fun at the simple level.

15. Playin With Fire

Oh n QHF Flame is by Firetrail and out of Navaho Gypsy Rose. Flame has a Firetrail head which isn't generally a good thing but I love it. He was inducted into the Paint Horse Hall of Fame this year.

16. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

awesome pwf.

just looked up farrell rd and whoohoo its in a good spot heheheh when i go to perth next :)

*grins*

thannnnnnks!!!

17. paintedhoney

ok this is something i could have a go at to prepare me for the royal i think. I am doing the next silver buckle and the breed shows in August but do you know of any unoffical hack shows coming up??

i need to get a few classes under my belt before i get out there. Can you tell me though is Honey a heavy weight??
    [​IMG]

18. Playin With Fire

I would say she is medium but I couldn't guarantee that is correct. The heavy weights in the classes I went in were HUGE like real welsh cob/percheron cross types. But realistically (from what I've seen) in unofficial it doesn't really matter!
    I will let you know re shows, I really should try and get the Flame out before I put her in foal!
    BTW Honey is so gorgeous! What is her breeding??

19. paintedhoney

thank you for your comment, she is a paintbred, by tamaras skipa mingo out of sheeza bandit..

her name is Tamara bandits honeycombe

20. Playin With Fire

I think Flame would look similar if she wasn't carrying a few winter extra kilos! But I like her that way!!