Paint In Hand/Breed Shows

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by SullyLove, Apr 14, 2014.

1. SullyLove

SullyLove New Member

Just got a new Paint. He is green broken so was thinking of going to some in hand or breed shows to get him out and expand his horizons. Never done an inhand show and not sure where to begin. Can anyone point out what types of shows I should be looking for and what happens at them.TIA!!:))

2. Jordy D

Jordy D Active Member

The West Australian Quarter Horse Association, Perth Regional Appaloosa Club and State Wide Paint Horse Association all have halter classes if you are looking at getting into Western showing? PRAC is holding a 'B' show catered for people who are starting out, have a green horse and wanting to start showing and there are lots of people there who can help. This show is the Sunday of ANZAC weekend at Foxwood, have a look at there website for more information. The WAQHA have a 'A' class show the 12th of May I think at Foxwood again, this will have beginner classes and halter classes as well.

PRAC also hold a Silver Buckle series aimed at teaching people what Western is and what is required in a monthly series over the winter and is a popular way of learning as not many people are around to give lessons about western! PM me if you have any more questions :)