Orange Grove Results.

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Sep 25, 2011.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Well I was very happy with my two today. I took my welsh B mare who has not been shown for 3 years and my welsh B colt.
    Numbers were low in the welsh ring but we still came home with Champion colt/stallion and Reserve Champion mate/filly.
    I will post photos tonight when I get on the computer.

2. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Can someone tell me who was photographing today.

3. country chick89

country chick89 Active Member

was very proud of the two i took today we brought home:

Strides of Cobra:

1st Best Presented Paint Bred
    1st Gelding 4 yrs and over
    Champion Paint Bred Gelding
    Supreme Paint Bred

1st handy halter (18yrs and over)

EHQ Little Concent:

1st Best Presented Quarter Horse
    1st Filly 3 yrs and under
    Champion Quarter Horse Mare/Filly
    Supreme Quarter horse

1st handy halter horse or pony 3yrs and under

:D :D :D

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

L Vickie Tapper from Redphoto's was..

Home nice and early from the show :).. Very happy with Little Asha she was so good today(couple of dummy spits but she is only a yearling so thats ok)..Huge improvement though from the last show. Champ Filly/Mare AOR & 2nd Pinto Filly....

5. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

Only have a few results - didnt stay long as had lots of lessons later -

My horses Grandsire, BIANCO VI got Champion Andalusian stallion, aged 26... may have got supreme as well im not sure - my horse Quiebro, got Res Champ stallion :) Was lovely to see Grandad and Grandson in the same class!

6. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Go get-em Sorrel! Now you've done it once should we be expecting to see you on the end of the lead next time in the pics? :p

Jack's neck is coming up a treat, and well done on his results!:))

7. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Well I completely missed by classes. I went out there at 9:40 and they had been. I just couldn't believe it! I thought i would have more time then that with 2 breeds before hand. Was so disappointed. I stayed until the ridden and rode my girl around though. So happy with her. Her Second time at a show ever or even in a place with more than a few horses and she went round beautiful even with people up her bum. So was worth it in the end :) but still a bit bummed

8. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I ended up taking Molly to this and had a wonderful day (had planne on doing dressage but my dodgy back was playing up:(). She won Supreme but what we really went for was the ridden (halter is officially extremely boring, sorry! :p). Tonnes of ridden horses and my special girl won Reserve Champion to Chevul De Luxe! Absolutely made my day, thanks soooo much to Luke for the great job you did and also many thanks to Stormie who yet again spent her day helping me!!

Congrats to Narbethong and their beautiful stallions as well :)*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  9. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Well done Sorrel!! Awesome results!

Kimaley Molly looks fantastic! Well done :)

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Was a beautiful day to be out and about :) Thank goodness the rain stayed well away :D

Kimaley and Team Lokenzo....Molly looked amazing as always. She's looking soooo mature now, and I'm loving that gorgeous, reaching trot of hers **)

11. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Well done everyone :) Does anyone know who won the TB mares?

12. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Well done all, especiallly Mr Percy!

13. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Tarz - there were no TB mares. :(

14. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

OK, Time for me to have a VENT. A very BIG vent. ( and i can because its my thread. LOL)
    OK, the other thread re: Roll Call for Orange Grove got into a debate about the ridden being UNofficial etc. And apparently a lot of people rang the organisers who clarified the fact, so how come Official horses competed and won the ridden awards this afternoon.#(
    I changed which pony i took as i "thought " i was not allowed to do the ridden with my pony as she is an official pony. I would have rathered take my official pony as her last outing before the royal :(
    So im a NOY HAPPY JAN.

Vent over.;)

15. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Oh shame! There was supposed to be 3 that I knew of, 2 out injured/sick and 1 missed the class. Sounded like it was quite a small show all round?

16. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

Such a shame! I should have borrowed Ivy for the day!

17. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

You could have called them like the others did :p *Don't kill me* hahaha :p

I also had a cpl of dummy-spits there today :p

Can someone please explain....How there was a Supreme Welsh D...and also a Supreme Welsh of Cob type ';' Is that then just Any Other Welsh that is heavy???
    Also, how an Unreg horse is in the Top 10 SOS (no offence to the individual animal, it was stunning)....but then on it's exit from the lineup, I noticed it was well-branded (age-wise)????

and ummm one other thing....why was there no Supreme TB in the SOS line-up? Did they just..go home??

18. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Welsh of Cob Type are your C's Jodie. So there was a supreme for each welsh section A B C and D.
    Cant comment on the others as i went home.

19. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Well done everyone. Certainly a lovely day for showing.

OBHH, most breed ridden is unofficial...

Wattle, unregistered horses still have to be branded. All of mine are! For the Cobs was there a Supreme welsh C? They are "Welsh Pony of Cob type" officially...And not everyone stays for SOS, sometimes the horse is over it beforehand or something else happens and they have to leave.

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Thanks for the one answer :D **) I didn't see you anywhere ';'