Opinions on 'Mustang' floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by KKKiroo, Oct 5, 2013.

1. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

Hi guys,
    They aren't made anymore but they used to be made by a guy in Port Kennedy who later moved to Bridgetown.
    I've heard they are fantastic and well made.
    Can you please PM me any experiences you have had?
    Cheers

2. Jacky Y

Jacky Y New Member

Mustang Floats

I have a Mustang Float that is now 13 years old and I wouldn't change it for anything.
    They are solid and well made and mine was made to my specifications and I have had no problems with it.
    It spent the first 10 years of its life out in the weather and there is a tiny bit of rust in one spot. The paint is very good quality and so are all the catches and door handles.
    I get it serviced each year and will never sell it.

3. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

Steve Frost is the maker of Mustang Floats, he is my uncle, due to reasons he no longer makes them.

We have had two, our first one was the 2nd float built by him and we sold this last year at 14 years old, we kept it in shed its whole life and it looked almost brand new, no rust and paint still as bright at the day we picked it up, we only sold this as it was a standard 2 HSL and we wanted more room for our tack ect.

We purchased our new one last you from steve, its an extended double with all the extras, very very happy :)

4. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

Our new float

[​IMG]

5. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

Our old float, just before we sold it.

[​IMG]