Old riding schools

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by shortcruise, Jul 10, 2009.

1. shortcruise

shortcruise New Member

Following on from a similar thread with the old hire horses is there anyone on here that went to Sevenoaks way back when Jenny Secreve had Lycle B there and also Timbertop in Kwinana. I learnt to ride at sevenoaks and my favorite horse was Cheyanne but I also remember one called Leander. I then went to Timbertop where I got my first horse Kylie from when they closed down. I also baby sat the old one eyed pony Ringo in his later years. Would be good to here from anyone else with similar memories.

2. SassyTiff

SassyTiff Guest

Nope. I rode at Swan view equestrian lodge though. lol I had lunch with sue every saturday coz i wasnt friends with the helpers.

3. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

I started at Wyandra in Parkwood

i then did some riding and camps at Broadacres...

4. kashybabe

kashybabe Active Member

i started at brookleigh, then went to spring field, then back to brookleigh, then it closed (LOL) and then to fox wood, then i stopped lessons

5. CharlieChick

CharlieChick Active Member

:) I started riding at windsor Horse Rangers in the UK:)*

6. eventkid1

eventkid1 Well-known Member

foxwood :)*:)*:)*:)*
    absolutly loved the horses/ponies and the people there!
    best memorys :)*

7. SassyTiff

SassyTiff Guest

oh i went to a camp once at springfield, got home sick so went home after 1 week and juust got dropped of during the day for the 2nd week rather thaqn stay the night. I me thtis chic called adina (sp) who then went to ride at swan view too. Man i loved hanging out with her.

8. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

i havent had lessons while ive been in australia (looking into it though, made a promise to a special horse so gotta keep it)

i rode in exeter, (uk) at my aunts place, Oak Tree, Belleview, and Hilltop.

9. Omega Conquest

Omega Conquest Well-known Member

I was at springfield for ages! bought my 1st mare from there! :)

Loved it!

10. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

mm.... Central Riding School..in Herdsman ..near the NEW Perth Horse & Pony Club grounds **)

Cheers
    Lee

11. shortcruise

shortcruise New Member

Where's all the Greenacres kids gone?????

12. Shannon

Shannon Well-known Member

i did riding camp at springfield was really fun... my fav pony was flash... i thin hat was his name.. a little grey 10.3hh welshy and i finshed up riding lightening... another grey but he was bigger... i also had 3 riding lessons there one on a big chestnut tb and the others on flash...

i also went to yanchep for a big ride on my birthday... got to ride a bay mare... but my fav was the tour guide persons gelding... was black, blaze and about 14hh

13. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

I started riding at Avonlea Riding school before I fell off and broken my arm (i was only 6) and then after that healed I started at Yarrada Farm Riding School and I am still there 9 years later. =]

14. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I started at Broadacres.

15. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I was a Greenacres kid, but only on school holiday camps :(
    My folks always hoped that 2 week long camps a year would be enough of a horsey fix for me.
    And they thought I'd grow out of it :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  16. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Metro, Foxdale, than one in anketell, than Amarillo

17. nag

nag Well-known Member

i use to work at greenacres also few lessons here and there but done teaching too there and competed on my mare, power of Flight aka Suesy

18. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Eastly Winds Riding School on Bromley Street, Herne Hill (now long gone!) :).
    Not a BIG riding school, only catored for so many students and horses were spelled over the summer months :).

19. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

I had my first ever lesson at Central in Herdsman Parade. Then a group of us from primary school used to go to Timbertops (in Wellard) on a semi-regular basis. I went to a couple of residential camps at Caballo in Wattle Grove and one at Springfield. That was 30 yrs ago!

20. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I started riding at 5 at Avonlea when Becky first started up. There were only three horses at that point. As I grew so did the riding school and I loved getting to ride all the new horses when they arrived. Becky was so good to our family, my parents couldn't really afford for my sister and I to have lessons so Bec would let us work for them. She also let us help at the camps so we didn't have to pay. Looking back on it now I realize how much she helped us out!
    I have also ridden at Sarnia, Rosamel, Walkers Wood and a few others I can't remember.