Nitro's journey

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by sil, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

WOW!! Congratulations Sil.........You must be over the moon :D
    Now we just need to see a pic of him with you on the end of the leadrope and that massive grin :D

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Yay finally Sil !! How awesome :D He looks way better in your semi-dawn photo than I thought he would (given your worry over his condition).
    I love the wither markings....hope he throws that like his Dad!

Can't wait for more pics...but will wait anxiously as I can imagine this is a busy, busy staring-in-wonder day. HUGE hugs to you both...Welcome to WA Nitro!!

3. sambo

sambo Well-known Member

Phewwww, he is here safe and sound! Glad all went well, what a journey he has had. Congrat's Sil. I remember when i first joined stockies you where talking about his beautiful foal pictures. I actually saved it to my background. He is a spunk. Best of luck Sil.:D

4. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

HUGE CONGRATS Sil! What an epic journey, you must be so proud to see him in your paddock! Well done :))

5. Boo's Eclipse

Boo's Eclipse Well-known Member

WOOHOO Congrats Sil, you must feel totally elated!!! Are you pinching yourself each time you walk out & see him there?? I would be!!
    I'm sure you'll have him looking good in no time! He looks better than I had expected whilst following the story! :)

6. Karmakit

Karmakit New Member

There is the spunky man :) Glad he arrived safe and sound and now you can start enjoying him :)

7. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

WOW he's awesome! Totally love his name too! Congrats, so pleased he arrived safe and sound for you :)

8. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

WooHoo
    Congratulations Sil and
    Welcome Nitro
    :)) :)* :))

9. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

And what a beautiful boy, definently needs some good Aussie tucker to fill him out but what a handsome boy he is. Hope the mares flock to him like the Adonis that he is ;)

Will you now keep a Nitro diary with weekly pics? Please? Would love to watch him bloom. :)

10. sil

sil Gold Member

Sure I will do that :)

If you ever wondered just how much being such a social creature affects stallions, listen to this:

I have been keeping an eye on Nitro since he got here. He has been tucked up from travel, and a bit anxious. While he has not shown outwards stress much, he has given it away by walking up and down the fence, calling to the other horses, only lipping his feed and has taken a few sips of water.

I made a judgement call and brought up my mini Barney. Barney keeps my other stallion Fred company in the off season. After saying hello over the gate, taking time for Nitro to realise that no, colts are not sexytime (lol), I put him in.

Nitro was very excited as he has not had company for a couple of years. Barney sorted him out quickly that his bum was really not that sexy, and they run around the paddock. Nitro looks like a giraffe getting down on his knees to play with Barney.

Within 5 minutes, Nitro is alternating between playing with Barney and running to drink. Instead of lipping the water, he shoves his whole face in there and snorkels. He has now scoffed down about 20 litres of water! Then he is playing with Barney and eating his breakfast.

Barney gets cranky when the big boys get too rough so he has an escape avenue out of the paddock into the section between stallion paddocks. He got tired of Nitro and wandered out, where he is grazing the grass there nearby.

Nitro is eating his feed steadily, no longer pacing the fence and seems very much happier to have his new friend at hand. Fred is saying 'hi' through the fence to Barney too, guess he is a little put out since I removed his mare on the weekend.

So there you go :) Horse Sociology 101 ;)

11. Karmakit

Karmakit New Member

That is so cute ,really just a big softie and Barney must be worth his weight in gold :)

12. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Just had a chance to catch up with your thread, so glad to see he is home with you safe, cant wait to see him in the flesh myself in the not to distant future.

13. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

WOW ! He's absolutely stunning. :)
    Huge congratulations on his safe arrival.
    Great to hear he accepted his little paddock buddy and is relaxed, happy and eating.:))

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Congratulations on surviving until Nitro arrived LOL!

We need pictures of Nitro and Barney playing ;)

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Congrats Sil... thats just TOOOO exciting!
    I think he looks great considering the distant travelled!!! :)

I have my stallion Mooney in with my weanling boy Toy, its amazing how instant Mooney stopped running the fences now he has a buddy to play with & they get alonmg well. :)*

16. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

yay hes here, congratulations sil and what a beautifully devine boy, you have to get a pic of nitro with fred, the two boys of black orchid together finally.

17. sil

sil Gold Member

I'll take some more photos tomorrow too hot now, leaving them all to chill in the shade.

Well, nearly all of them - Barney and Fred are roughhousing like mad LOL

And Nitro is dirty already lawd

18. supersezabell

supersezabell Well-known Member

Thats awesome he is home and looking well despite his LONG journey.... how is barney btw? He used to go in with my 2 ponies (near on absolute spitting image of one) before he went to you :).

19. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

Yay he has arrived!!
    You must be over the moon. All that time, money and more time has paid off!!

20. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

yay!!! congrats Sil.
    I know you said that he needs a few good feeds, but considering he's traveled so incredibly far over the last few weeks he looks surprisingly well!!!
    How exciting for you!!!

Talk about a dream come true!!!