Newcomer and Classic Results!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Jadelise, May 28, 2011.

1. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

What a great weekend. Some beautiful horses and ponies.

OMG Merlin, I saw your boy and wanted to take him home.

Mittens, I think I met you. I was with MG :)

2. mittens

mittens New Member

Oh where you making bridles to when i came to get my saddle measured? :)

3. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

So proud!!!! My homebred W. Rembrandt was sashed Champ small pony! Huge congrats to his family the Bells for producing him so well I couldn't have asked for a better home for him!!! Yay!!

4. Super proud of my ponies..
    Gem Park Silk (only 4th show)
    Runner Up Debutante Galloway
    and
    Gem Park Heiress (only 3rd show)
    Top 5 Debutante Large Pony
    2nd 12.2 - 13hh Pony
    3rd Lightweight Pony 12.2 - 14hh.

Well done to everyone on their results, hope your day was enjoyable as our was. :)

5. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

LOL Thats right I was sprouting off at Michelle about the Royal......ALOT of work to do before then**) He is rather hansome**)

6. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

I went in the morning to catch up with Cassy Horse and watch the Newcomer hack.
    Lots of entries! :)
    Well done Merlin on Top 5

Just two pics for Merlin ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cassy Horse and her gorgeous moving mare!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  7. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Awww thankyou S&ME they are wonderful, really capturing that early morning light**)**)

Ahh Cassie Horse was admiring your mare's movement**)

8. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

He's amazing Merlin!!!!!!! Don't come to me if he's missin haha

9. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Haha yes well done Merlin and thankyou very much Smiley for taking some pics and was great to see you and your son, and your support was very very much appreciated :)) Yesterday bit of an eye opener, had a few what the moments and then a few not what the moments but that is why everyone is different!

Yes she can definitely move, hence her early retirement into dressage. The fact that she is better in the ring/arena than she is out of it is an added bonus!! Just need to decide whether to do next Newcomers and then hacking is in the can for me!!

10. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

Cassy Horse - Looking absolutely fantastic! I cant believe its the same horse!

11. Cassy Horse

Haha yes B little Ratty is a new girl!! Michelle from MG came out last July I think it was to do her bridle when she was all hairy and still after a year all racehorsey and she couldn't believe the difference, and she hasn't even reached target yet haha but main thing is I need to get her up in front!!!!

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  12. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

Well done Merlin!! Arnie is an awesome horse and is just going to get better and better....
    Cassy Horse your mare is beautiful... Did you say you are retiring her to the dressage arena?? If so good lol I dont think I'd like to be against her when she hits her straps!!!

I was so happy with my boy. Very naughty leaving the arena after the prelim but his workout was fantastic. he was soft, relaxed, and he did everything right. A wrong canter leg but totally take the blame for that. Should not ask him to canter whilst in the middle of the sand patch!!! All in all I was very happy with him..
    Very disappointed with myself for not doing the open hack classes. He was totally the male judges type grrrrrrr!! lol.

A great weekend, well run and great atmosphere, arenas were a little dodgy but i guess thats not the organisers fault :D

13. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Yep that was me. I was also the one doing the measuring up for the numnah's :).

14. Cassy Horse

So was the judges type Kel, you should have stayed!!!!! He pulled out a lovely workout in the newcomers too so you've got to be happy with that!

Haha yes debating on whether to can next Newcomers or not but I know what my major problems are and what is really letting us down besides my nerves (just shoot the rider and she'll be sweet haha) so we'll work on that and see where we are at! Dressage at least you can see what you are doing wrong but a few telling pics yesterday has shown me what are the major problems so that is a start! :)*

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  15. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

Bombed out-warmed up well then i rode like Poo when i got into the ring :) haha been a long last couple of weeks thats all im saying... :) fabulous to see numbers up in the hunters!!! especially in our small galloway class- never seen so many!!!
    well done to all- so many beautifully turned out!

16. HorseaGal

HorseaGal Active Member

Was glad that my boy behaved himself a bit better this show :) He was good in the warmup but tightened up in our first class, i think we needed to warmup a bit more. He was better in his second class but the bugger wouldnt get on the float afterwards! Thanks to the two ladies who helped us drag him on :)

17. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Cassy Horse - Dont Give Up, she looks the bomb, patience and perserverence - I am going through the same with my TB, works a treat at home and warm up then blows it in the ring, so going to give him time and keep practising until he de-stresses argh

Wanders off muttering about TBs haha *#)

18. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

i had an awesome day with my girl Highfield Ophellea on Sat winning Newcomer Hunter Galloway :D seriously still cant believe it *#) She was up against some really nice horses and its just one of those things you just dont expect (well not me anyway) :) She worked amazing and pulled it together for her class am just so happy :D

Just like to thanks all the sponsors and SHC for putting on such a well run show!! Also a big thanks to Chris Lambert for riding her and getting the best out of her which im still learning to do with this smart little cookie lol Big congrates to everyone there were some really lovley horses there **)

19. Big Bay Booga

Big Bay Booga Well-known Member

Does anyone know who/if there was a photographer there? Especially Newcomer hunter hacks

20. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Yep hun, I will PM you the photographer for the weekend as they dont advertise here ;)