New Unofficial Hacking Rules are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by droverchick, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

eeeek is this thread still pottering away :D:D

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Cause I have Standardbreds lol :D

3. Cav

Cav Gold Member

And what do you compete in the official ring with?

4. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

the only downside to this rule is if i for example get the opportunity to ride somebody elses horse in there offical classes but wont be able to take libby out for fun.

although in saying that the rules are good because the swapping and changing wont happen

5. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

If I had the money, I would paint you in solid gold :D what you said is too true :)

6. Janet

Janet Guest

rule # 6 "Riders who have competed in the official ring are not eligible to ride an unofficial pony in the unofficial ring" does that mean my daughter who competes officially can now ride her new Unofficial horse in the unofficial horse ring... He' not a pony.:)
    Everywhere else on the rules form it states pony/horse ????
    or is this just a typo that needs to be fixed

7. Cav

Cav Gold Member

id say it is a typo janet :)

8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

lol :)*:p:D

9. Janet

Janet Guest

I thought so to...ha ha

how are the clubs going to police this? and what happens if the rider is not a member of the EFA or SHC as you do not need to be a member to compete in the official ring?
    If the rider is not a member of the EFA or SHC there is technically nothing to stop them competing in the unofficial one week and the official the next.

10. GoWelshCobs

GoWelshCobs Well-known Member

/???

what about the people that have a pony that they have competed on as a child and havent grown out of. the min they turn 18 they can nolonger compete in hacking unless there is and adult on pony class. MY pony is 13.2 Connemara my legs dont come past his gut. i look better on him than i do my TB.
    i got to old to compete in the pony ring so then had to purchace a new horse to continue hacking.

my sis rode him and still does she is not confident enought to get a new horse but would still likr to hack but due to her age cannot ride him.

if the classes are based on the horse not the rider why should myself or her not be able to ride in the pony ring. official/unoficcial the rule is the same.

for her to hack we would have to sell a much loved family member.

we used to do the breed shows but due to limited connie geldings competing we would be the only ones in the class (boring).

i then has the problem that i purchaces and ex official hack who had in the meantime done polo crosse and i no longer sane enough to do official.

i can now only take her to ponyclub closed's as due to the rules i cannot take her out unofficial.

11. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Our club is EFA registered and we abide by those rules, it is an extra workload on the committee. However it is something that has had to come in to make everyone tow the line, a shame the minority try and ruin it for the majority.

To be honest with you i personally would love to axe the unofficial all together now, the more you try and put on to cater for all levels the more whinging and bitching there is. I think everyone needs to start to appreciate the fact that these clubs often with a very small committee and workers actually give up their days to put these shows on to help YOU out!

It is simple if you dont want to abide by the rules - dont compete - go and do eventing or dressage or just enjoy your horses. Otherwise tow the line and compete honestly and improve as you go along....

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

well said, couldnt agree more. **)

13. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Nothing :( Sorry Cav, I was in a silly mood *#)

14. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I'm not into hacking, and I only use hacking as outings for my young horses, the new rules don't effect me so much, however as a starting point, the new rules are a fairly clear base, from which can be refined and altered as the EFA sees fit. Nothing will ever suit everyone, especially not the first attempt, but I think that they are certainly moving in the right direction for creating more fairness in the unofficial rings.

15. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Very well said Norrishbex.

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

what you sorry about silly :) i wasnt sure if you had a horse in both rings or not :)hehehe **)

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Well said Scorpio :)*

They have to try and keep the rules black and white, the more "what ifs" introduced the more room there is for a grey area and hence, we go back to people being dishonest.

18. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Big thumbs up to the EFA! About time some fairness was brought to the hack ring!

I remember a show I went to as a youngster...there was someone entered in both the official and unofficial ring at the same show. It was ridiculous.

19. hmm okay that sounds okay I guess I could do that - then my next prob is finding a date that doesn't clash with the other discliplines I do (eventing/dsg/showjumping) LOL

Absolutely spewing to miss out on the recent Riverside day but my boy was out on spell in the fat paddock. I'll keep an eye out for similar programmes next year -= thanks!