New Unofficial Hacking Rules are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by droverchick, Dec 11, 2008.

1. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Pony tails are you sure SHCWA received the info??

I dont see what is wrong with an official rider taking a new pony/horse in an unofficial ring as long as they do not compete in the rider event.

2. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

She is a galloway, good idea Zara! But that means I will need lots of powerade to keep me going, good slaves...:p

Kelly - I am multitasking :p

3. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Problem solved LOL. How about V instead. I will pinch some of the OHs LOL

4. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

You will be if you take on TWO new ponies next season :p :p :p I'll happily supply the powerade to see that one lol!!

5. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I feel tired just thinking about it, at least I can get on Mocha without much effort haha, Max is another story (I needed a leg up :p )

Seeing I ride on an empty stomach V might not go down as well as purple powerade (has to be purple!)

I'm glad we solved the problem without a punch up :) hehe.

6. mochaminx

QSS, we'll just let her do all the work, and we can sit together in a nice shady spot, and talk about her, and video tape the antics he he he (my kids can run her out her 'purple V" too, so we dont even have to get up for that) thanks Tarz.. you're a champ lol (joking by the way, in case anyone thinks i would really do that to her lol)

7. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

I would do that to her LOL.

8. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Um yeah, Que sera sera would actually do that to me!!

Im not plaiting though...:p

9. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Mocha you could always start your young horse out in breed ridden classes, i'm sure the breed associations/clubs running breed shows would love extra entries and it's as good a time for the horse/pony to get experience as in any unofficial hack class and it won't matter if it is an offical or unoffical rider onboard, at the end of the day it is still experience for the pony.

10. mochaminx

Thank you dollar for that info :)* Like I said, things have changed so much, I really need to do some research before I get her out here lol. Breed shows sound like a great idea !! :)*

11. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Technically the way the new rules read...my 5yo daughter, after having competed in 1 Official Lead Rein Class, cannot now get a nice quiet unofficial pony and compete in the Unofficial ring#(...unless I apply for an exemption:confused: I wish I had never gone in that class now, as I think she would have had loads more fun in Unofficial and the new pony I have is NOT official and never will be...so what now...no more shows for her:(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  12. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Ahem..new pony? Last I checked that requires a new thread!

Does that mean I could apply for an exemption once I finish with my 2 'new' ponies to be allowed to compete unofficial?

13. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

who knows, I have no idea how that would work...I think I am going to stick to breed shows and fun days and hope they have a few lead rein classes#( " New" pony is Charm (spotty mini), not exactly official material;) I think rules needed to be set down in black and white....but there are way too many problems with these, especially as far as riders go:( and one more whinge...it is nearly impossible to get junior riders for small ponies, how many will want to ride a pony in official if they cant go and ride there own or any other pony in Unofficial, especially if they are including lead rein riders:(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

We keep forgetting that we all moaned and complained all year about there not being rules and now that there are we are still not happy with them??

Do you argue about the rules for dressage? for eventing? or what about rules for the royal or HOTY qualifications? or do you abide by them because thats the rules? If you don't like the rules, tough cookies. Same goes for these new rules in place, they are new rules, they have obviously been thought about and they have tried their best to cater for the riders in the unofficial ring (WA is not the only state that has these problems!), and regardless of what we all want or think, this is how it is now. Perhaps they may be modified but all new rules are going to suit some and not others, it may take a season and then they may be modified or if you have a problem with them, write in a complaint expressing your concerns :)

It makes you choose...official or unofficial...we wanted clarity to prevent swapping and changing between rings, well here it is now in black and white. So suck it up! :)**):)*

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I dont think there is any problem with the rules re Off/Unoff horses, just the ruling on riders:)* Rules are amended all the time in all sports to improve the game or event, so no harm in expressing opinions:)*

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Hopefully enough people will send in complaints for them to reassess the rules on the rider situation:) there is no harm in expressing opinions goodie and we are all entitled to them. **):)* dammit baby is awake! :)

17. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Cav, I think everyone who has posted here has applauded the EFA for finally bringing rules into place :) However we are all concerned by the fact that they have decided to include the rider into the equation when it isn't the rider being judged except in rider classes :)*

18. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Your post was very well written Cav.

Goodie they are only new rules as a guideline and i'm sure the committee would fully investigate any genuine issues people have with them to make them better and update them as the season progresses. Write and express your concerns I'm sure they'll look into it.

19. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Yep...I will do...if I can even be bothered showing this year:( Or just go to Ag shows:)

20. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I'm hearing you.