New Unofficial Hacking Rules are up!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by droverchick, Dec 11, 2008.

1. droverchick

droverchick New Member

2. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Ha Ha about time, leave the unofficial for the unofficial kids and riders, let them have their glory and move up as they need to.

Looks like our friend who chips and changes rings will be stuck in the official ring now.....

3. Dharma

Dharma New Member

I coudn't agree more Scorpio, its about time some guidelines were put in place to protect the unofficial riders.**)

4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

A big congratulations to the EFA its about time.

5. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I agree with all you guys, its great to see!!! Hopefully even non-EFA affiliated clubs will pick them up and run with them too!

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Ditto to what all you guys have said.

7. dressagequeen

dressagequeen New Member

silly new rules.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  8. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

Finally:)*
    I totally agree with Scorpio

9. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

Why are they silly? They make hacking fairer for everyone.

10. Pony Tails

Pony Tails New Member

Here Here about time something was set in place.:)*

But did I read right that Ponies used for leading rein can not be used for offical hack classes.

That will knock alot of leading reins out of the show rings as alot of them do get used for both.

Maybe that is why the height for led rein have been lifted to 12.2h so that there are still ponies that are able to do leading rein, maybe ????????

11. dressagequeen

dressagequeen New Member

because, what if you have a show hunter or more specifically a working hunter, you can't just do your class and then go unnoficial, which was always good because these typeso f horses are not hacky enough (true hunter types) to go in any other hack classes. whereas unnofficial ring accomadates to all
    JMO

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

um rules? what rules?

"The page you have requested cannot be found. Please check the URL"

??:confused:

13. AllThePrettyPonies

AllThePrettyPonies New Member

#(#(#(

If you have a horse who is good enough quality to compete in Official Hunter classes, it is not fair to be competing against unofficial horses. You can still place in other classes, in particular weight classes. Also do to the new number of points required to qualify for Hunter classes at the Royal, alot of shows are starting to cater for Hunters by introducing more classes into their hunter program. The recent Riverside shows have been an excellent example of this.

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

There are thousands of people all over australia who compete in "hacking" that are now going to have to make a decision, so I guess you can't please everyone hey :)

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

If they are a "true hunter type" they would compete in Official Hunter.

Don't even get me started on the lead rein goint to 12.2hh:mad::mad:

There should be Official and Unofficial lead rein..ponies that do Unoff can compete in the pony classes in Unoff and those that do Official compete in the Official ring.:)*

I understand and think it is great that rules have been put in writing, my only concern is for those that may have an "unofficial horse" and an "official horse" they will not be able to ride there Unofficial horse under these rules:(

16. dressagequeen

dressagequeen New Member

#(#(#(#(#(#(
    i still dont agree,

and there good enough to be hunters, which is a diffrent type to a hack, its unnessary and sad that some people have obviously abused the old ruling to have to make new rules. its also sad that people clearly have the wrong frame of mind thinking yes now we can win.

but thats just my opinion, so leave it at that.

17. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

18. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Oh Please...

A show hunter or show horse type is either a quality animal and up to standard of competing in the official ring or it is not. If it is not stay in the unofficial ring and enjoy yourself, dont chip and change. My show hunter goes in his SH class, riders, turnout and holds his own everywhere we go.

My Show hunter not only won newcomers, and HOTY in show hunter but then held his own in the open classes at the royal show this year winning the height and weight class. It just goes to show if you have quality, turn it out and school it correctly there is no reason why you should not be able to compete full time official standard and win.

There is a very good article in the latest hoofbeats re: presentation for showring, the writer used the 3 C's Conformation, Coat and Conditioning of your show horse. Maybe more people should take a good look at the whole combination and see where they can improve, not just winge its not fair we cant compete in both.

The whole lead-rein issue - i think it would be wonderful for them to have official and unofficial. Lets get real here guys, clubs put these shows on and half the time you are lucky to have may 2 competitors turn up at all. Lead-Reiners need to start to support the shows and the clubs will be happy to put on the events for them.

I think it is a great idea for lead-rein officials to qualify for the HOTY - it is going to get more lead-reiners turn up to shows and compete, then the kids will get more experience and the parents can improve as they go along too.

19. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I cant wait to do lead rein in the future. My thoughts on the heights are on the other thread :) I cant be bothered re typing it again :)*

thanks for that link goodie!!**)

20. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Question!

There is the official ring
    There is the unofficial ring

But where exactly does a first ridden pony fall under considering that different clubs hold these classes sometimes in the official ring and sometimes in the unofficial ring?

:confused: