new guidelines for official/unofficial

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by liver bird, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I would hope that after 3 years of experience the child is able to move up in the ring providing their pony is good enough for official or if their pony isnt, progess to the unofficial pony ring.

It depends entirely on what level of education the child has received during the 3 years of competing. Can the child canter confidently in open space and are they able to control that canter? Or are they ribbon hunting?

Mirawee....regardless of the opinions of the above...this is exactly why set and defined rules and regulations need to be set out for everyone across the board. Then we wont have these problems :D :) :)*

** Also isn't that "7-10" query you have the same as a lead rein rider starting at 5years old and still being in there at 8years old??

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Mirrawee I have no idea about ages in FR or WT ? Does anyone know the age restrictions from when it use to be run ? I think there certainly needs to be some type of time limit (i.e. 2 seaons max) and which will open it up to any age but they can only compete in it for two years, and also if in that two years they do ride out of FR into the open ring then that is it they shouldn't be able to go back then, unless something severe happens and they get a pardon from the governing body(s).

Mocha you crack me up, but both your posts and Cav are good reading.

I like Cav and many others starting riding young only ever had the offical ring to start in, infact I don't even remember lead rein being around in my day. I'm showing my age now...mind you my memory isn't the best.

3. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Your right Dollar, I dont remember lead rein back then either.:confused:

I do remember how much fun I had at the end of the day when I would
    take my "officially not official" pony then into novelties for a yahoo and we had a great old time. I am going to scan a photo of me at my first official show for you all :) hehehe but wont be able to post it until tomorrow!

4. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Liverbird I totally understand why you want First Ridden brought back in BUT at the same time I was told that a rider should only compete in First Ridden/walk trot for one year and then they must move up. What happens if you go through all the campaigning to get F/R back up and running and really Cara would not be eligible:confused: . Please do all your homework before you cause yourself any stress! Maybe a meeting with the EFA CEO or Co-Ordinator face to face would be the ideal place to start. Letters and emails sometimes get put to the too hard basket!

I am willing to help anyway I can **)

5. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Hey party...I dont think this is JUST about Cara. I think LB is on a mission!! :)* :p **) :D Good on her I hope she gets somewhere with it.

On the number of years one can be in Walk Trot....well there is a combination who was in the Walk Trot this year and I judged them in the unofficial ring (and they cantered) two years prior......the whole thing is a shamozzle!!!!**)

Hopefully it can all be sorted soon so there is no more confusion about the whole mess!! :D :p

6. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

well apparently someone knows all about caras new pony and is on a mission to Pounce when i take her to a show, how pathetic is that cara is an 8 yr old girl who just happens to like to go to shows maybe she should be locked up for life along with her mum me. this is obviously someone who has it in for me personally and as far as i am aware savvy has had very limited outings and has been in a paddock if they know better then plz let me know . they must be very feeling very proud of themselves at this moment . well just to let you know my next show will be perth and after that the breed show at gossies so now you know when we are taking him out [​IMG][​IMG]

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Liver Bird if he has only done ridden breed there is no problem, she can take him in unofficial, official, walk trot, whatever she likes! Are they only getting sh*ty cause he came from over east??

Stuff 'em :) their just jealous obviously ;)

8. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Liverbird, don't let people get to you over stuff like this, life is too short. If your pony HAS NOT competed in ANY offical saddle shows over the past 12 months then you are eligable to compete with him/her in the unoffical walk/trot ring.

9. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

LB Some people have nothing better to do #(
    Cara will be so proud to be riding such a lovely boy and you need to buy yourself some ear plugs!#( Go to the shows knowing Cara is safe and enjoying herself and then go home and don't put up with anyone's crap in between:D

10. Cav

Cav Gold Member

LB these people are obviously looking to get a rise out of you and upset Cara....dont let them! dont give them the satisfaction. Do your homework, triple check he is eligible, and they will have to shut their mouths :)

Like Tarz said, sounds like a bit of green eyed monster, probably because he is so sweet and so cute!!! :D :p :)*

11. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Hey LB if it makes you feel any better I just did a search on your pony with EFA NSW and it says "no results to display" :) :)*

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Cav, they don't always put hack results up on the EFA website as they are for the year only not accumulative :p

A leadrein rider starting at 5yo shouldn't still be on the lead as an 8yo because they can't compete in leadrein at most shows after they turn 8 :D However, while they are eligible for leadrein for 3 years most kids I know want to get off lead as quickly as possible :)* My lead rein rider is 8 in August, but she only started riding about 18 months ago and Noah is too much for her off lead at this stage. She will be off lead at the end of the year though :D

The thing that annoys me the most (even though it doesn't affect me) is people who compete in walk/trot/canter one week and then the next compete in walk/trot - on the same horse! If a child can canter one week why can't they the next?

First ridden and walk/trot are also different. In First Ridden (which is usually up to 10 year olds) they are allowed to canter in their individual workouts :) At the APSB stud show this year, I did not see one First Ridden rider who did not canter in their class.

13. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Yes the judge is allowed to ask for a simple canter on the workout only but the child does not have to be penalised if they dont canter.

As for putting up results. Im looking up quite a few names and there are plenty of results from 2008, and going back as far as January 2007 etc up there :) So someone must be entering them!:p

14. Cincinnati

Cincinnati New Member

I agree with Mirawee. I have also looked up horse results on the EFA website and they are not all on their. I have competed 2 different horses over the last 3 years under EFA and have qualified for all Royals yet my horses show no results. I actually asked someone that I knew from the EFA and was told the results are only entered if they are received from the club holding the show. I wouldnt take them as gospel.

I also judge hacking and when judging children, when I am asking for them to canter I ask them, if they feel comfortable and safe to do so canter on, and I give them the same option in their workout. That is in both Official and Unofficial.

15. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I never said that ALL the results were there but there are results there going back a way. I am sure LB wont take it for gospel :)

I do the same cincinatti, especially if I sense a nervous child or they look scared, I wouldnt want to make them/or ask of them to do something that they didnt feel comfortable or confident with. :)

16. liver bird

the funny thing is these rules have yet to be published so they are not in force yet so i can do the w/t anyway:)*

17. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I ride in the hack ring but I can here the judging going on in the pony ring, and I think its fantastic that judges ask the children if they are comfortable doing canter in their work out or on the ring, just like riding with one hand, there is nothing worse then feeling pressured into doing something, I can imagine if a child was pressured into cantering or riding one handed and it went pear shaped, it would take them a while to want to do that again!

18. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Did you ring that lady LB??
    *** dont worry ill speak to you when i get there :)

19. liver bird

yes i have cav but lets just say we will be going to perth on the 20th [​IMG]

20. Cav

Cav Gold Member

hahahaahhahahahahahaha at your emoticons!!!!!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.