New EFA Dressage Tests

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Dinah Fleming, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Dinah Fleming

Dinah Fleming New Member

Just received word the new EFA tests are now available at the State Equestrian Centre EFA office. The EFA Dressage day advertised for Saturday 24 January should have read Sunday 25 January.

2. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

I have received my notice aswell Dinah.....just a question.. Does this mean that there are all new tests for eventing this year.....i have to learn new ones? It's not time for another change already is it?

Zahira *having a blonde moment*

3. Dinah Fleming

Dinah Fleming New Member

Hi Zahira, good question, I rang the EFA last week about the 2004 Eventing Handbook and was told it wouldn't be available until the end of January maybe the delay was due to the announcement of the new EFA Dressage tests.
    I am assuming the 2004 Eventing tests will change also, but don't know officially, if I hear anything I will post and let you know.
    Cheers
    Dinah

4. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Thanks Dinah....to tell you the truth i haven't even given a thought to the hand book or anything else yet this year...Must pull my finger out 'so to speak'....hahaha. My calendar of events has been sorted though, and the horse back in work.

Cheers.

5. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

finally a seperate freestyle for novice and elementary!!!!!

yay!

p.

6. Dinah Fleming

Dinah Fleming New Member

I think having young horses has made me start planning early, I would like to get them out and exposed before the "big days" start happening.

Freestyle Dressage is definitely a skill Taylor but one I profess to know nothing about but do enjoy watching! Its good to hear they have introduced it into lower levels now.

7. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

i love doing freestyles - and for many years now there has only been a novice/elementary test, and as you would understand there is a fairly large difference between a horse that is eligible for that as a novice level horse, and one that is eligible for it as an elementary horse. The requirements were very basic for an elementary horse, and now they have their own test with higher movements such as shoulder in etc. It also gives those people who have a prelim/novice horse more encouragement, as they won't have to compete against the elementary horses!

Interesting that some of the Prelim tests don't have a halt at X at the start - that should stop the enter-halt-gawk at judge-spin that you see with baby horses and nervy riders, and encourage the greener horse to go forward and not have to stop and reassess the situation!

i like the new movement they've introduced in Medium - you extend then collect the trot over x then back to extension - should really bring out those horses who are elastic in their ability to collect and then move out, and back again, which is so important higher up. Shame there's not a baby version of it lower down the levels, but at least people will be training for it.

Off to find new music for freestyles this year!

p.

8. Dinah Fleming

Dinah Fleming New Member

These tests sound very interesting, maybe a bit of European influence has crept in! I like the sound of the entrance for Prelim , Good luck with your freestle

9. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Very interesting what you have described Taylor. I'm very curious to have a look sooner rather than later now.

10. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

11. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Thanks Taylor....

12. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Hey Taylor, I must be blind. I can't find those tests online. What are the 'steps' to get there.

Ness

13. Denny

Denny Well-known Member

14. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Thanks Denny......I was looking right at them the entire time. Doh! hahahaha.

Ness

15. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

sorry - when i last looked there was a link from the front page of the national EFA site!

p.

16. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

No Stress Taylor, I am blind and blonde at the moment....Is there are worse combination?....LOL (Kidding)!

I like the look of the new tests, but they seem shorter (to read) but the times allowed are still about the same. Must just be me.

Ness

17. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

i thought they looked a bit shorter too........

if you read them through, there's not really a huge amount of difference i thought. I mean, there's the new movements in medium etc, but I thought the main changes were in things like the walk descriptions, and less sitting trot in novice!

overall i think they're good tho, and it's really good being able to access them and the rules easily on the net.

[​IMG]

p.

18. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Too true Taylor, I remember it was hell if you didn't have a copy of the test and trying to practise before your requested copy came in the mail or you got it from other avenues.

I'm looking forward to riding the changed tests.

19. squidhillqh

squidhillqh Guest

I havnt even seen the tests yet, Im judging dressage at Glenormiston this weekend so it might be a good idea I guess, nothing worse than a judge that gets lost.

Cheers,
    www.squidhill.bigpondhosting.com

20. potato

potato New Member

By looking at the tests...most of them havnt changed at all have they? I thought every single test was gonna change but mostly its just the names (1A/1.1)

- suzie and chrissie -