need colour identification

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by kimmyd_01, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

maybe they are lying about more than just her colour, to have two horses with the exact same name and only a diffrent age?
    and to say she has is a cream gene (which means she would be her self a pally, bucky, smokey black as a single dilute) and you can tell she obiously doesent look like any of those colours.

the colour testing link is in america, so like other have said maybe email than call (cost plus trying to call at the right time when they are open) it costs about $25 US per test, and the aussie dollar is quite high so it cost me $24.something AUS. lol

2. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

She would pick up a BCD registration with DA provided that the horse has another coloured registration

3. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I thought broken colour dilute was patchys...forgot about the spotty ones...oops sorry...would she have to be tested for cream???

4. mudslide

It would be up to the registrar, if it is not so obivious then she will require the dna tests to be done

5. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

im going to get her tested for everything but now being told the australian one doesnt do private i dont know where to go from there. can i get some links for the us ones please that do private and dont need horses to be registered as now i dont know her background.

6. mudslide

7. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

thankyou so much am downloading the forms now

8. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

9. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  10. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

A jolly good start would be some basic hoof care. Seriously.

11. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

like i said in my post she has had her feet done she was given to me with her feet like that.

12. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

so all the photos you have posed are old??

13. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

ive only had her for almost a mth. would never leave horses feet like this,im totally against animal cruelty and would love to get my hands on the people that do.

14. madcow

madcow Guest

pony is brown with mottled white bits......not sure why you'd need a lab to tell you this?

Not sure why everyone with brown looking ponies needs to get them tested for special names of brown?

ponies fancy shade of brown is the least of your problems here

15. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Madcow , like hello its very important to have special coloured ponies thought you would know this by now having a pink one

16. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

17. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

her face is beautiful, bought a much needed smile to my face

18. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

i know she just has one of those loveable wanna hug faces lol

19. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

She appears to be a brown buckskin snowflake Palouse**) Lp (the Leopard gene) does weird things to colour so to be sure she would need to be tested for base colour :) Good chance she is also Splash or Frame...so technically Pintaloosa (there's one for you Madcow ;) ) as blue eyes are not an Appaloosa trait**)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  20. QHorsey

QHorsey New Member

wow why are some people coming down so hard on this person? They have stated that the ponies hooves have been trimmed since the pic was taken and is just asking what colour people think the pony is:confused: and I do not think that this pony is a usual brown with mottled white bits due to its blue eye. After reading quite a few threads on this forum, I really think people take their frustrations out on others here due to not being able to do it in real life to the people it should be aimed at. It also seems that when one person gets nasty/negative towards someone, it gives others the courage to be the same and "gang up" on the one person. I have no doubt that because I have stated the obvious, I will also recieve some of this nastiness but as I have pretty thick skin, I doubt it will hurt much lol It shouldnt be so hard to be nice:)*