need colour identification

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by kimmyd_01, Jun 18, 2011.

1. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dont know the parents

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  2. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

3. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

i only know she produces dilutes and shes 5yrs old, i was told by someone maybe a blue roan but i dont think so

4. QHorsey

QHorsey New Member

palouse:)*

5. kimmy:)))
    you need to get the pony's feet trimmed first and then worry about its color.
    Cheers.

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Palouse again :D

ppiissttt..she needs a Farrier aswell **)
    Oh & Welcome to Stockyard @)

Cheers
    Lee

7. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

thats a old photo of her not a recent,they are trimmed she was like that when i got her.

8. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Have you got a newer photo of her at all? I would say she is a silver palouse but did they say what coloured dilutes she has produced?

9. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

shes still that colour only with feet trimmed lol she has the cream gene so palominos,buckskins,cremellos etc

10. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

She doesn't look cream, I would guess silver Palouse... Did she actually produce a Cremello? If so, I would have to guess silver buckskin :confused:

11. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

To what colour stallions has she had these dilute foals?
    I cant see any cream in her so wondering if you are getting confused with the cream that might be coming from the sire. :)

12. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

thankyou will try the website to get one done,she has the cream gene as she was tested before with the old owner so its not the male doesnt matter what shes breeds with she produces it.thats what the owner told me. i havent had her for that long and been thinking of doing a test but had no idea where to go to get it done in australia.thankyou everyone for your help. im hopeing when she sheds her winter coat i might get a better identity of colour and will post a pic of her.

13. Kimmy:)
    have you got the test result for Cr on hand? Not as per say but in actuall writing?
    Contact animal genetics with the name of your mare and ask them if they have any records of her being tested under that name.
    cheers, lena

14. It will be cheaper to e-mail Animal Genetics rather than calling them, they are in the USA. It doesn't matter if she is regisitered or not, you still can color test her if that what you want! Good luck!**)

15. Kimmy
    I can assure you she is not any type of a roan and certainly not a blue one!:p
    Have a look at my avatar pic, that's what a blue roan lools like.
    Dilutes registry don't accept roans because roaning is a color defect.

16. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Qld dilutes? are you meaning Dilutes Australia?

17. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

i know what a blue roan looks like but thats what it says and she dont look blue to me which is why im asking people,im best off retesting as they may have made a stuff up somewhere. got to wait till tomorrow to make some calls for the test as its sunday.

18. kimmyd_01

kimmyd_01 New Member

qld is in australia lol ill be retesting this mare for everything i think,so i will know myself what the 2nd test picks up

19. mineees

mineees Gold Member

definately palouse, I would doubt she has cream. and yes Dilutes wont/dont reg roans or palouse.the colour testing is easy to do,and you can test for everthing. This way you will know what she is.If she is palouse and has the cream gene more likely than not her foals born with the cream gene will carry palouse also, and wont be able to be reg as any type of dilute.but you can join the palouse society...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011