MYOB/SAP experts, can you do this?

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Que Sera Sera, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Is there a way to intergrate SAP with MYOB? I really want to avoid double handling of the data entry but we have to run MYOB as the current SAP is not capable of handling our GST return requirements for Australia and NZ.

Googled but not finding any information.

2. NumidianHorse

NumidianHorse Active Member

... I would doubt it ... integrating SAP with anything takes a looooonnnnnnngggg time, a lot of geeks to implement and run, an interface routine that's like war & peace ... oh yes - and mega $$$ :D

have you tried running flat file export from SAP (excel / csv?) ... then uploading to MYOB ... and vice versa? that's probably your best (ie., cheapest / least pain) option ... good luck **)

3. Que Sera Sera

Havent tried anything as yet, but this needs to be up and running Jan 1 2011, so need to look into it now on how to go about it.

I have issues trying to integrate NZ payroll with NZ MYOB, for some bizarre reason they do not do a program which has payroll in it. In the end, as I only have one employee over there, I just manually enter his pay in the GL and use the MYOB payroll to track leave ect.

I have never imported an XL or CSV file into MYOB, but do export our sales from our dummy data file into our accounting data file once a month. With this I just select "match all" as it has all the relevant accounts are the same.

Now head office want to use SAP which the rest of the global company is using for the day to day accounts, but as their SAP is not set up for GST returns ect then its and apparently they havent got the resources to sort it out, then we are still going to have to use MYOB for local tax issues here in Australia and NZ.

Any suggestions on where I would go to learn how to integrate a CSV file or should I just pay a MYOB expert to come out and play with it?

4. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

i know myob imports so depending on what you can get out of SAP - i have never heard of this system, tho i do teach myob and use only it for my clients.
    my other suggestion would be to get a trial balance from your accountant at 30/6/10 or maybe 31/12/10 if it makes it easier. and do an opening journal to match then just continue on with MYOB...

5. Que Sera Sera

Unfortunately head office has ruled we have to use SAP even though it cant accommodate local accounting needs, so I am going to have to run SAP and MYOB simultaneously. Just trying to cut out double data entry time.

6. pratyushsood

pratyushsood New Member

I completely understand thet myob can export the files in the format of CSV file. Why is difficult to sent further?