My New Theory .. Suggestions? :)

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Teah, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Teah...one thing grabbed me in your last post .

He wouldnt LET you catch him

Then he LET you catch him, and he has been going nicely for you inder saddle.

What happened in between thes times? Did u have a physio to him? a chiro? a bowen person?

My young horse would not let me catch him for almost 2 weeks straight..and it is totally against his nature to not come up to me in the paddock, wouldnt let me put his fly veil on...hard muscles (not soft) a look in his eye like he was not relaxed.
    Long story short, his neck was badly out...I couldnt touch his poll, I did some carrot stretches etc, and could hear his neck pop. The chiro came to him and did more adjustments,,,,and what do you know? He is back to his usual sooky self...can catch him by calling him.

Just another spin on it all...but maybe your boy has been in pain until recently? Good luck with him:)

2. Teah

Teah New Member

Yeh he had been seen by the bowen lady but he gets regular treatments anyway and he wasn't sore anywhere? And it wasn't until a few weeks later when I did just take her advice and tell him what was going on with Melbourne that he changed?

3. Teah

Teah New Member

Forgot to mention that the attitude when ridden jumping changed at the clinic. Seemed to realise it wouldn't hurt?

I've since had equi pac put on his soles and he's heaps better?

4. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

HUH???:confused:*#)

5. Teah

Teah New Member

Weird right? I just went and gave him some licorice and told him that he's moving to Melbourne with me and I'm not leaving him behind and that there's loads of green grass there and he'll have heaps of friends and he started changing after that?

Maybe it was something else like new grass coming through or something popped back into place or anything else but that's when it started?

6. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

LOL!!!!
    Placebo affect...

7. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

Teah, we may have the same bowen lady....

i have been encouraged to 'talk' to the horse regarding stuff. it works!

8. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

My dad talks to his mate's racehorses.... He tells them that he can get 35c per kg down at the pet food place. They would win more often than not. Although, he's not been leading them up for a while now, so pep talks, and not that many winners.

9. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

pmsl!!!!!!!! :)*

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

you guys must have some talented horses if they speak English LOL What if I talk to my horse in Japanese? Will he still understand?

11. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Heifer, thats just plain silly! Your horse is Aussie - why would he understand Japanese??? :rolleyes: *#)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  12. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

I'm Aussie too ;)
    Hmmm german heritage maybe i need to speak german to him LOL

13. Teah

Teah New Member

Initials CC? She's lovely. Such a nice lady!!

Haha who knows. Think they just like being talked to haha.

14. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

PMSL!!!! I speak Afrikaans to King often and he just looks at me like I'm stupid... he must be an English speaking Tb... *rolls eyes

15. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

stop telling him to gaan kak in die mielies then :p

16. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

bahahahahahahahaha

17. Blackbat

Blackbat Well-known Member

There have been animal communication threads before. Blitzen and Teah, I don't think that's so crazy, and I won't take the piss. Whether the explaining thing merely changes our attitude and intention towards our horse, and then alters our body language, or the pause we take to talk or think out an explanation gives them some undemanding relaxing time in our company, or they do understand a thought/feeling/emotion/energy we are giving out - I can't tell. But I have seen it work too many times. Hamlet said it "there are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy". Just because we can't explain something with our 5 puny senses, doesn't mean it's invalid, grant your horses the credit for being far more subtle and multifaceted communicators than we are.

18. Em

Em Well-known Member

Now where is the like button when I need it :) **)

19. Teah

Teah New Member

Yeh that's what I'm thinking :) Even if it simply is down to a change in rider attitude, body language and energy then if it works, it works!!

I'll take it - I have a horse that canters up to me in a HUGE paddock!